Human Resources Business Partner 5/2/2020
Liberty Utilities (Canada) Corp
South Lake Tahoe, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY TITLE:
Human Resources Business Partner
Human Resources & Total Rewards
South Lake Tahoe, CA
Our vision is to be the utility company most admired by customers, communities and investors for our people, passion and performance.
The HR Business Partner performs professional HR duties such as onboarding, maintains employee records, administer policies and programs, and assist with training and compensation projects. Acts as an employee engagement champion and change agent. Formulates partnerships across the organization to deliver valuable HR services to management and employees that reflects the strategic objectives.
* Maintains knowledge of legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting Human Resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are all in compliance
* May assist in employment offer letters; and coordinate pre-employment drug & alcohol and DOT physical screening
* Plans and conducts new employee orientation to foster positive demeanor toward company goals
* Acts as administrator of bidding union positions including, writing bid and following posting and award requirements as outline in CBA
* Serves as first point of contact for employee benefit inquiries for benefits such as; life, health, dental and disability insurances, pension plans, vacation, sick leave, leave of absence, and employee assistance
* Keeps records of benefits plans participation such as insurance and pension plan, personnel transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, terminations, and employee statistics for government reporting
* Trains management in interviewing, hiring, terminations, promotions, performance review, safety, and sexual harassment prevention; employee training also conducted
* Engages management with appropriate resolution of employee relations issues
* Responds to inquiries; acts as a resource and point person for all employees; available by email, phone or in person.
* Overseas performance review program to ensure effectiveness and compliance
* Handles salary administration program to maintain compliance and equity within organization
* Conducts wage surveys within labor market to determine competitive wage rate.
* Monitor employee leaves; includes interacting directly with employee; providing any required documentation or communication with physician regarding essential job functions and employees return to work status.
* Prepares employee separation notices and related documentation, and conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
* Maintains and updates the HRIS data for Company employees as needed
* Provides periodic reports as requested/required
* Personnel File Maintenance Maintain personnel files and ensure accuracy of paperwork.
* Assists with day to day administration of leaves of absence, compensation programs and supporting correspondence for supervisors and managers. Responds to EDD claims, SDI claims; Respond to government complains from DFEH, DOL, etc.
* Support employee engagement.
* May assist, as needed in recruitment process; offer letters; and coordinate pre-employment drug & alcohol and DOT physical screening
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor's Degree with an HR emphasis, or related field.
* 3 to 5 years in Human Resources with solid knowledge in all facets of HR including but not limited to: benefits, employee relations, workers comp, training, policy interpretation etc.
* Excellent knowledge of Federal and California State employment law
* Union experience highly preferred.
* Solid verbal and written communication skills
* Professionally enforce positively when needed.
* A PHR and or SHRM-CP certification is preferred.
* Work in a fast pace, changing environment with changing demands. Ability to be flexible with changing priorities.
* Possess detail organizational skills.
* Possess effective interpersonal skills and communicate with people at all levels of the organization.
* Must possess a valid state driver's license with an acceptable driving record.
* Occasional travel required
* Be able to exercise independent judgment, discretion, integrity and tact in all areas of work including matters of a sensitive and/or confidential manner.
* Ability to work additional hours when needed ie. Weekends, holidays and overtime.
The distribution business group (Liberty Utilities) provides rate regulated water, electricity and natural gas utility services to over 750,000+ customers in the United States. The transmission business group invests in rate regulated electric transmission and natural gas pipeline systems in the United States and Canada.
Company paid Pension
401K Plan with employer match
Share purchase/match plan
Generous time off program
Collaborative environment with a genuine flexible working policy
Top Talent Program
Volunteer paid days off
Employee Assistance Program
We are passionate about building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you are excited about this role, and are not certain you meet the all the qualification requirements, we encourage you to apply to further investigate the opportunity.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value each person s unique background, diversity, experiences, perspectives and talents. Full participation of all employees in a safe, healthy and respectful environment is key to individual and company success.
We are committed to fully utilizing the abilities of all of our employees and expect each employee to honor this commitment in their daily responsibilities.
As part of our commitment, we work to ensure our application process is accessible to all candidates. If you require special assistance or accommodation during the hiring process, please notify the Talent Acquisition Team.