Human Resources Clerk 5/5/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY SUMMARY: Schedules appointments, gives information to callers and/or employees, takes dictation, and otherwise relieves officials in the Human Resource Department of clerical work and minor administrative and business detail. Compiles and maintains personnel records by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Perform diversified duties in the processing and record keeping of employee benefits and maintains all hourly personnel files. Assist Plant Management under the direction of the Human Resource Supervisors.
* Answer hourly employee questions concerning benefits and refer to the H.R. Manager and Current CBA as sources for information as needed. Enroll new hourly employees in benefit plans; conduct short orientation to explain benefits during Orientation process. Conduct employee handbook orientation.
* Update employee files to document personnel actions and to provide information to other departments. Examine production employee files to answer inquiries and provide information to authorized persons.
* Maintain complete confidentiality regarding personnel files, employee data and all Human Resources information.
* Schedule appointments, give information to callers, take dictation, type correspondence and perform other administrative and clerical duties to assist H.R.
* Complete new hire paperwork accurately and neatly. Perform timely and accurate data entry of all production information.
* Perform other similar or related duties as requested or assigned by supervisor. May occasionally work overtime and weekends as determined by departmental needs and upon approval of the Human Resources Manager.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The following requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school graduation or equivalent with one year certificate from college or technical school preferred; or six months to one year related experience of a clerical nature and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees, candidates, Union and the general public. Bilingual in English and Spanish required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet, but may vary by the area in which the work is being performed.
NORMAL WORK SCHEDULE: The hours and days of work are established by departmental needs and at the discretion of management.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Visit the following URL for ore information: