Human Resources Coordinator - Internship
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/22/2020
END DATE 9/3/2020
Helix Electric Inc
San Diego, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONHuman Resources Intern
Helix Electric was founded in 1985 and is now one of the nation s largest and most successful electrical contracting companies. Our commitment to empowering people and powering projects is realized by our exceptional team of dedicated and highly skilled experts working together and never settling for good enough. We are proud of the team-oriented and employee-empowered business approach that defines our unique character. We are looking for passionate, reliable and ambitious talent to join our growing Helix family.
Helix Electric is seeking a talented and dynamic Human Resources Coordinator (Intern) to join our Human Resources Department. This individual will provide support to the Helix s Chief Compliance (CCO) Officer and the Chief Human Resources Officer (CHRO).
Our Internship Program:
As an intern at Helix Electric you will be trusted with meaningful responsibilities that have a lasting impact on the projects you touch. This hands-on approach to learning coupled with our top-notch mentor program affords all Helix interns the opportunity to develop skills that ensure their continued growth well beyond graduation. Our University Relations Team is dedicated to ensuring all interns have an experience where they learn, grow, and contribute value. To provide a well-rounded experience, all interns are exposed to a variety of project types, phases of construction, and project teams. Join Team Helix to empower people and power projects.
How You ll Contribute:
* Arrange travel and create detailed travel itineraries.
* Create and Maintain HR Dashboards using Power BI & advanced Excel macros.
* Process and handle highly confidential and privileged documents and reports such as: expense reports, invoices, check requests, credit card statements and other documents.
* Maintain record of department s equipment & office supplies.
* Complete special projects as assigned.
Chief Compliance Officer Support
* Support on Immigration processes (visa, applications etc.).
* Conduct HR Audits by traveling to jobsites and conducting employee interviews based on an audit checklist to confirm compliance legal record production & tracking.
* Affirmative Action Plan update and maintenance (16 steps to contractor compliance).
* Complete other compliance projects as assigned.
Learning & Development Support
* Help maintaining the ETM (Essential Training Matrix) for California Departments.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
* Pursuing Bachelor s degree in Human Resources or related field
* Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
* High Energy and Results oriented.
* Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
* Ability to follow instruction or work independently
Helix Electric is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to diversity in our workforce. It is our policy to attract and retain the best-qualified people available, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability or status as a Special Disabled Veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran or other qualifying veteran. Diverse employees/candidates are encouraged to respond. Helix Electric is committed to developing and maintaining a workplace which reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled/VEVRAA Federal Contractor.