Human Resources Generalist 5/5/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Tennant Company is a recognized leader of the cleaning industry. Since 1870 we have been passionate about developing innovative and sustainable solutions that help our customers clean more spaces more effectively, addressing indoor and outdoor cleaning challenges. Our products include equipment for maintaining surfaces in industrial, commercial and outdoor environments; detergent-free and other sustainable cleaning technologies; cleaning tools and supplies; and coatings for protecting, repairing and upgrading surfaces. With more than $1B in revenue, Tennant Company operates in three geographic business units including the Americas, Europe, Middle East and Africa and Asia Pacific. Join the company committed to empowering our customers to create a cleaner, safer and healthier world with high-performance cleaning solutions that minimize waste, reduce costs, improve safety and further sustainability goals.
Come join the HR Team at Tennant Company. In this role you will report to the Human Resources Manager and be responsible for HR partnership supporting both a skilled labor workforce in our Minneapolis Manufacturing Plant as well as operations support roles including Manufacturing Engineers, Material Control and Strategic Supply. This role will be a business partner providing guidance and counsel on employee relations, performance management, leave management, employee development and HR compliance.
* Develop a high level of business knowledge and strong partnership with employees, supervisors and managers.
* Provide high-level customer service regarding employee related matters.
* Manage employee relations proactively by recommending employee relations practices to establish and maintain a positive employer - employee relationship.
* Partner with Talent Acquisition to be highly involved in the recruitment process for open roles including interviewing, sourcing strategy development and onboarding.
* Manage the relationship with the temporary labor provider for the plant.
* Facilitate the annual performance management process to include goal setting, mid-year check-ins, annual appraisals, and compensation planning.
* Support the organization on employee development to include training, development plans, and career pathing.
* Partner with Compensation to ensure market competitiveness and support global mobility.
* Partner with the business on ADA analysis needs.
* Facilitate timely communication to the organization regarding organizational changes and other important topics.
* Lead projects related to process improvement.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
* Bachelor's degree in Business or Human Resources
* 3 - 5 years of Human Resources experience; generalist experience desired
* Exposure to some or all of the main HR disciplines including talent acquisition, performance management, organizational development, compensation, benefits, HRIS, and employee relations
* Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
* Strong business acumen
* Ability to build strong relationships with internal customers
* Knowledge and understanding of Federal, State and Local legislation regarding employment and labor laws
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
* Ability to handle highly sensitive information
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
* PHR or SPHR certification preferred
REQUIRED INTERPERSONAL & BEHAVIORAL SKILLS:
* High level skills in oral and written communications, including group presentation skills.
* Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of employees
* Process minded/focused, strong problem resolution skills
* Ability to problem-solve.
* Excellent organization, analytical, and communication skills
* Willingness to be flexible with time and adjust to a changing work environment
* Ability to build and maintain positive relationships, both internally and externally, while maintaining a client service orientation
* Ability to use sound judgment and discretion in dealing with highly confidential information
* High level of attention to detail
Let us introduce you to Tennant Company. We're everywhere. In your sports clubs, shopping malls, office buildings, parking lots. We make things that make things look like new. We bring new cleaning ideas to market. There is new dirt every day and our machines clean it up. With manufacturing operations and sales, service and support functions across globe, your journey at Tennant can take you places you never expected. If you want to get your hands dirty on a project, step up with your own ideas, or maybe even explore talents you never knew you had, Tennant Company is a place where that can happen. Because at Tennant, we like to think like new. Begin your journey with us. Let's reinvent how the world cleans.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Tennant Company is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made on the basis of individual skill, ability, reliability, productivity, and other factors important to performance. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, or any other basis protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.