Human Resources Leave of Absence Administrative Assistant 8/21/2020
American Renal Associates
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION
American Renal Associates, a national provider of quality dialysis services, is experiencing rapid growth and we are searching for the right individuals to help continue our superb performance. We are currently accepting applications for the following position in our Corporate Headquarters, located at the modern and convenient Cummings Center in Beverly, MA:
Human Resources/Leave of Absence Administrative Assistant
Under minimal supervision, the HR Administrative Assistant provides administrative support to the human resource administration functions, including new hire processes, reporting and general administration. This position has a focus in Leave of Absence administration, providing day to day administrative support as well as assisting with routine case management.
* Acts as a member of the internal HR service organization, focused on providing excellent customer service to our staff.
* Responds to inquiries requiring a broad understand of policies, procedures and relevant employment law. Ensures inquiries are addressed and resolved timely and appropriately.
* Makes photocopies, faxes documents and performs other clerical support functions as requested.
* Maintains records, reports, and logs pertaining to the relevant processes. Ensures all documents are filed appropriately.
* Resolves more complex problems in a thorough and timely manner; uses discretion and judgement appropriately and escalates situations to appropriate party when necessary.
* Creates filing systems and monitors efficiency. Initiates changes and updates to manuals/procedures for responsible areas.
* Composes and edits internal correspondence to staff.
* Assists with various research and/or special projects as requested.
* Generates periodic and ad hoc reports using HRIS and timekeeping systems.
* Performs other tasks and duties as assigned.
Leave of Absence Administration
* Serves as first point of contact for staff members in need of a leave of absence (LOA). Conveys complex information and takes necessary steps to ensure understanding of LOA policies and requirements. Provides necessary relevant documents.
* Responsible for full-cycle LOA administration for all field and corporate cases. Determines staff member FMLA eligibility and advises on course of action if not eligible.
* Maintains and updates multiple systems and logs (including Quickbase, ADP, PeopleNet, LOA spreadsheet) ensuring accuracy and data integrity.
* Coordinates with the Benefits department on benefit eligibility for staff members during lifecycle of LOA.
* Drafts LOA letters and communications, selecting appropriate template for type of leave and/or specific state information.
* Ensures field offices are apprised of relevant information/progress of leave of absence while maintaining appropriate levels of confidentiality.
* Provides information to 3rd party Short-Term Disability (STD) carrier to verify eligibility. Monitors STD claims management.
* Performs other tasks and duties as assigned.
* Associate's degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school, or one or more years related experience and/or training. Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered. College degree is preferred.
* 1-3 years of HR experience preferred.
* Requires strong understanding of state and Federal laws. Requires understanding of how work impacts Benefits, Payroll and Employee Relations functions.
* Ability to work with and maintain sensitive and confidential information required.
* Excellent customer service skills, ability to actively contribute as a team player and superior attention to detail required.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining high standards of accuracy required.
* Flexibility and ability to prioritize while alternating between tasks.
* Adaptability and willingness to consistently learn new skills.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required.
* Experience with HRIS systems preferred.
* This is a full-time (40hours), non-exempt position. Days of work are Monday through Friday.
ARA offers competitive pay and great benefits which include: health insurance, vision, dental, company-paid life insurance, company-paid disability, pet insurance, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, a generous paid time off program and company- sponsored celebrations. Please visit our website at www.americanrenal.com to learn more about us!
ARA is an Equal Opportunity Employer We value diversity in our workplace.
DFWP/ EOE: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
DFWP/ EOE. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.