HVAC Controls Technician 8/1/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB TITLE
HVAC Controls Technician
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The HVAC Technician is responsible for maintenance and operation of all HVAC and related equipment
* Perform and oversee the day-to-day efficient operation, maintenance and repair of the building s energy management system (Trane), which monitors the operation of mechanical and electrical systems for HVAC, domestic hot water and electrical infrastructure
* Under the direction of the owner, implements control strategies to maximize equipment efficiency and reduce utility consumption
* Review current EMS programming and implement a standard operating procedure
* Maintain the integrity of all building systems, operate the building in an efficient manner, in accordance with the established operational and safety procedures.
* Perform, assist in or oversee the installation, fabrication, construction, troubleshooting and repair or maintenance of complex mechanical and electrical equipment.
* Receive work assignments, plan and/or generate work to be performed and obtain necessary tools, equipment and materials. Complete assignments and paperwork in a timely manner.
* Assist in the monitoring of contractors, inspecting work and generating deficiency lists.
* Provide proper care to the assigned equipment, tools, and uniforms. Keep the shop, penthouse equipment rooms and common areas clean, organized and safe.
* Follow inspection and service procedures outlined in the preventative maintenance and loss control programs. Coordinate, conduct and/or provide support in the day-to-day completion, organization and accuracy of preventive maintenance and loss control.
* Accurately complete requests, repair work and related records for the respective site/buildings as required. Follow applicable government / local authority requirements (e.g. Orders of Condition) and other records for assigned properties.
* Regularly inspect all areas of the site/building(s) and report deficiencies as well as suggestions for improvements and take initiative to correct as appropriate.
* Employ service procedures and techniques in accordance with established procedures.
* Maintain logs on daily activities and events as required.
* Provide technical support and assist in the training and upgrading of skills of less experienced staff.
* Effectively communicate to the appropriate party/parties the status and activity of building operations and conditions and promptly report any potential or existing problems.
* Available for various shifts, to fill in for other staff, and to work extended hours, nights, weekends and holidays to ensure adequate building coverage and perform necessary repairs as needed. Respond to after-hours emergencies such as fire, flooding, severe weather (including but not limited to snow and ice removal) power outage and other related situations including clean-up activities per on-call procedures or as requested in critical situations.
* Promote and maintain a high standard in the operation and appearance of the properties. Promote, establish and maintain positive relations with tenants via proactive communication, routine follow-up and a high level of customer service.
* May procure vendor/contract prices for mechanical parts, equipment and tools.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
* High School diploma or equivalent educational certification preferred.
* A minimum of 5 to 6 years experience operating energy management controls
* A minimum of 5 to 6 years as a HVAC Technician / Building Engineer or equivalent field experience required including working knowledge of commercial office building systems.
* Comprehensive training and certification in HVAC and other technologies relating to building engineering and/or equivalent job related training and experience.
* Ability to work independently with limited supervision in a fast paced environment and deal effectively with multiple, simultaneous deadlines and projects.
* Ability to organize and coordinate work efficiently and effectively set priorities.
* Working knowledge of OSHA, NFPA and Life Safety codes and regulations preferred.
* Ability to participate in on-call schedule for after hour calls required.
* Basic skills necessary to operate computer for general day to day work and communications.
* Ability to effectively communicate in writing as needed.
* Working knowledge of web based work order systems
* Valid driver s license and satisfactory driving record when required.
* License(s) for applicable jurisdiction and equipment as required based on location:
* CFC certification for the type of equipment serviced (Universal Certification preferred)
* Regularly required to stand, walk, reach and use arms to perform tasks as well as push and pull objects and grasp with hands.
* Regular use of various machinery and tools, including but not limited to, a snow blower.
* Regularly required to talk and hear and occasionally required to smell.
* Frequently required to sit, stoop, crouch, kneel, crawl, balance, climb stairs and ladders, work at heights and in environments with temperature ranges both while working outside and inside.
* Occasionally required to work around vibration or noise as well as dust.
* Regularly required to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. and occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 75 lbs.
* Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision and depth perception.
* Involves movement between departments, buildings, and floors to facilitate work.
* May require the ability to operate a vehicle (i.e. truck, van, utility cart, etc.) or small tractor.
C&W Services is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.