HVAC Mechanic 5/2/2020
EMCOR Government Services
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY About Us:
EMCOR Government Services offers an experienced single-source solution for meeting the routine and mission-critical needs of federal, state, local and other government organizations. By combining our expert professional technicians, commercial best practices, extensive facilities knowledge and strong commitment to reliable, responsive service, we enable our government clients to achieve consistently high-performance facilities, on-time projects and long-term value.
Job Title: HVAC Mechanic
Job Summary: EMCOR Government Services has an immediate need for an HVAC Mechanic in Arlington, VA.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Perform PMs and service calls on all fired and unfired pressure vessels; all refrigeration and Air Conditioning equipment; all plumbing and piping water, gas, heating, sanitation; all air handling units vavs; energy management controls
* Coordinates for ordering parts and meets outlined schedules/oversees repairs/projects.
* Works with systems and equipment in hard to reach places requiring standing, stooping, bending, kneeling, and climbing in tight and uncomfortable positions.
* A minimum of 3 years' experience working on a government facilities maintenance contract desired.
* Journeyman HVAC and Universal CFC licenses required. Master HVAC license desired.
* Must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
* Heavy physical effort (may occasionally lift/carry up to 50 lbs / push up to 100 lbs)
* Prolong, extensive or considerable standing/walking.
* Push/pull or move/lift equipment, supplies, and parts.
* Manual dexterity and mobility
* Considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling and crouching.
* Work is performed inside and outside; is usually dirty, greasy, and potential strong fumes.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer-Veterans/Disabled.Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesThe contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)