HVAC Mechanic 2/14/2020
Hartz Mountain Corporation
Pleasant Plain, OH
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DESCRIPTION
Hartz is a manufacturer of pet care products with over a 93-year history. At Hartz, we truly understand the important relationship between you and your pet. We pledge to provide products that make this relationship more rewarding and fun for both of you. Our product lines currently consist of cat and dog wellness products, treats, cat litter, and products for birds, small animals, and fish. We strive to develop and apply new ideas and technologies to give you and your pet the finest quality pet supplies so your pet will live a healthier, happier, and longer life!
The HVAC Mechanic will be responsible for performing maintenance on HVAC equipment throughout the building.
This position is located at our manufacturing production facility in Pleasant Plain, OH.
* Maintain, install, move, troubleshoot, and repair all related HVAC equipment
* Respond to heating/cooling problems and perform repairs as necessary
* Document machine history and follow-through on maintenance needs and deficiencies as required
* Monitor operations, adjust and maintain refrigerant, heat exchangers, HVAC equipment and systems, boiler, chillers, chilled water, and air conditioning equipment; pumps, valves, piping and filters, and other mechanical and electrical equipment
* Record readings as necessary to ensure proper operation of equipment and make adjustments where necessary to assure proper operation of equipment
* Perform minor carpentry repairs
* Maintain strong working knowledge of the mechanical functions associated with HVAC systems and equipment
* Perform routine minor electrical and plumbing repairs
* Maintain parking lot (snow and ice removal)
* Perform fire suppression system maintenance and testing
* Notify Engineering Manager of any problems or malfunctions
You ll bring
* A High School Diploma or equivalent
* State of Ohio HVAC license
* Minimum of (1) one year HVAC maintenance experience
* Competitive compensation and generous employee benefits
If this sounds like a good match and you re keen to hear more, please get in touch today!
Hartz is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age or any other characteristic protected by law.
Join a team of people who share a common passion a love for pets.
If you are a pet person, you have come to the right place. We are pet people, obsessed with finding new and better ways to connect pets with the people they love and love them back. We work hard to bring innovative products to market, make a difference in our communities and support our teams both inside and outside of work.
Take a look at the career opportunities we currently have available. Hartz provides competitive compensation and generous and comprehensive employee benefits.
Hartz is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance in completing the on-line Employment Application, please call Human Resources at 800-354-0407, Ext. 120. When contacting us, please provide your contact information and state the nature of your accessibility issue. We will only respond to inquiries concerning requests for reasonable accommodations.
If we have a job in your area of interest and your background fits our requirements we will get back to you immediately.
Hartz is an equal opportunity employer fully committed to promoting diversity in the workplace.
Click here to view the EEO Is The Law Federal Policy posting.
Click here to view the EEO is the Law Poster Supplement.
Click here to view our Equal Employment Opportunity & Disabled Individuals & Veterans policies
Quality Products for pets since 1926