HVAC Mechanic 6/5/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY About Us:
EMCOR Facilities Services (EFS), an EMCOR core business, services over 1 billion square feet of commercial space across the United States. From corporate campuses to single sites, EFS provides a range of services that support mission-critical areas of financial services, manufacturing, pharmaceutical, transportation, and education sectors.
Job Title: HVAC Mechanic
Maintains, repairs, installs, inspects and adjusts commercial and industrial HVAC systems. Supervises and directs the activities of other workers associated with HVAC system operation, repair, installation, etc. Also estimates, lays out, and schedules jobs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Ability to read and understand system blueprints, specifications, and performance data to determine configuration and purpose of system components such as compressors, motors, pumps, fans, switches, controls, ducts, or pipes.
* Inspects system to verify system compliance with plans and specifications and to detect malfunctions in system component parts.
* Opens valves on equipment such as compressors, pumps, and condensers to prepare system for operation and starts equipment and auxiliary machinery.
* Starts systems, observes operation, reads gauges and instruments, and adjusts mechanisms such as actuators, valves, controls, and pumps to control system operation.
* Monitors Energy Management System -- For alarms, out of spec situations, investigates and takes appropriate actions.
* Responds to associated Hot/Cold temperature complaints. * Discusses system malfunctions with users to isolate problems. * Records temperature, pressure, and other readings on log sheet at specified intervals.
* Operates refrigerant recovery equipment, vacuum pumps, charging equipment and service gauges.
* Screws, bolts, rivets, welds, and brazes parts to assemble structural and functional components such as motors, controls, switches, gauges, wiring harnesses, valves, pumps, compressors, condensers, cores, and pipes.
* Installs wiring to connect components to electric power source.
* Dismantles malfunctioning systems and tests components. * Replaces or adjusts defective or worn parts to repair systems.
* Cuts, threads, gas welds, and connects pipe to functional components of HVAC systems.
* Cuts, bends, crimp sheet metal, install air ducts and associated sheet metal components. * Inspects and measures building to determine airflow requirements.
* Installation of complete heat and air conditioning systems. * Lubricate fans, motors, and control units. * Troubleshoot electrical and mechanical heat and refrigeration systems. * Maintain, organize, control, inventory supplies, tools, and equipment. * Clean and organize shop area. Maintain inventory of spare parts and material. * Maintain tools and equipment for maintenance work. * Performs preventative maintenance tasking on all HVAC equipment. * Attends classes and seminars on air conditioning components and system design to update skills. * Responsible for accurate and timely paperwork related to essential duties and responsibilities. * Performs other routine duties.
Graduate of a certified technical school; and 10 or more years related experience and training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* 10 years plus experience. Journeyman position.
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
* Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or associates of the organization.
* Ability to maintain a flexible schedule: days, evenings, weekends and emergencies
* Present self in professional manner: neat appearance and grooming.
Able to produce a quality work product in a prompt, safe and efficient manner. Observe and adhere to safety and health rules. * Good communication with and respect for co-workers and their property, vendors, and tenants.
* Team player, hard worker, good interpersonal skills, ability to communicate well in both oral and written reports.
* Maintain a good attendance record, including notification in the event of tardiness and absence.
* Must possess a valid driver's license
* Universal Recovery Certification
* Refrigerant Transition and Recovery Certification
* Universal - Type I, II and III
Regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. Frequently is required to climb or balance. Regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the Technician is regularly required to stand at eight hour intervals with occasional scheduled breaks, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, and talk or hear. The individual frequently is required to climb stairs and ladders. The individual must regularly lift and/or move up to 70 pounds, at higher than chest level and be able to tolerate adverse rooftop working conditions due to climate and tolerate extreme temperature changes.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.