HVAC Tech-3rd Shift 6/5/2020
Emcor Group, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Title:
HVAC Technician-3rd Shift
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Ensures facility maintenance according to established standards. Identify deficiencies through regular and thorough inspection of building premises.
* Maintain, install, move, troubleshoot and repair all related HVAC equipment.
* Monitors operation, adjusts and maintains refrigerant, heat exchangers, HVAC equipment and systems, chilled water, and air conditioning equipment; boilers, pumps, valves, piping and filters; other mechanical and electrical equipment; records readings as necessary to ensure proper operation of equipment and makes adjustments where necessary to assure proper operation of equipment and notifies appropriate parties of any problems or malfunctions.
* Strong working knowledge of the mechanical functions associated with HVAC systems and equipment.
* Maintains inventory of filters and refrigerant.
* Responds to heating and cooling problems (repair as necessary).
* Administers preventive maintenance program to include machine history, maintenance, and lubrication logs. Follows through on maintenance needs and deficiencies as appropriate.
* Maintains operating logs including temperatures, pressures and plant equipment inspections.
* Maintains operation and maintenance manual for all equipment.
* Ensures accurate and timely documentation.
* Analyzes the operation of various systems, determines the cause of any problems/malfunctions and takes corrective action as required.
* Performs preventative maintenance on all base building and critical system equipment which includes but not limited to: assembling all tools, supplies and instruments necessary to complete the job, performing work with a minimum amount of disruption, conducting immediate clean-up of work area, completing the preventative task sheet, returning tools to workshop and unused supplies to store room and advising the Maintenance Manager of any equipment problems.
* Assists with chemical water treatment program of all systems such as chilled water, condenser water and closed hot water loops.
* Installs, repairs and maintains electrical controls, switching and motor controls
* Wires single and three phase motors (single and two speed); runs conduit; pulls wiring to machinery, motors, operating parts, etc.
* Assists other mechanics and operators with major repairs and maintenance of building and equipment.
* Supports occupant satisfaction processes by ensuring clients are informed about the status of their request in a timely and accurate manner.
* Maintains tools and orders supplies as required for installation and repairs.
* Works closely with CMMS Planner/Scheduler to optimize Preventative Maintenance Program.
* Complies with departmental policy for safe storage, usage and disposal of hazardous materials.
* Follows safety practices, and utilize protective clothing and equipment as required by OSHA. Know the whereabouts of all emergency equipment (i.e. fire extinguishers, eyewash and shower stations, first aid supplies, breathing apparatus, etc.)
* Safely use hand tools, power tools and test instruments to maintain, troubleshoot and repair various types of equipment.
* Performs other various duties as assigned.
* High School Diploma or GED. Must have successfully completed formal training programs on HVAC operations.
* Documentation or certificates will be required. Must be 21 years old or older
* Six (6) or more year's related experience is required.
* Must possess applicable certifications, licenses and a valid driver's license.
* Universal Refrigeration License
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
* To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work in an environment where the following safety equipment is needed; steel toe shoes, hearing protection, noise protection, hardhat, eye protection, and hand protection. Abide by OSHA guidelines including lock-out/tag-out and HAZCOM guidelines and all other Viox/Customer driven safety initiatives.
Hours of work are solely defined and governed by business volume and contract schedules.
Ability to handle stressful situations and remain calm in the face of the customer and subordinates.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. EOE M/F/Vet/Disabled