Hypersonics Flight Test Engineer 8/21/2020
Scientific Research Corporation
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Scientific Research Corporation is an advanced information technology engineering company that provides innovative products and services to government and private industry, as well as independent institutions. At the core of our capabilities is a seasoned team of highly skilled engineers and scientists with multidisciplinary backgrounds. This team is challenged daily to provide cutting edge technology solutions to our clients.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position is for a Hypersonics Flight Test Engineer to support the Test and Evaluation Science and Technology Program (T&E/S&T). The T&E/S&T Program is the Department's only Science and Technology Program that invests in technologies to enhance the capabilities of the DoD Test Ranges to test the full spectrum of military capabilities in support of DoD acquisition, experimentation, prototyping, and technical demonstrations. The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor's degree and/or 4-5 years of relevant experience (required), Master's or PhD (desired) in Aerospace Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering, Materials Engineering, Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics or a related field with a specialization in hypersonic vehicles, space vehicles, reentry vehicles, rocket or scramjet engine testing, high temperature materials, or ICBM
- Experience with the DoD, especially with either DoD S&T, DoD acquisition, or DoD test and evaluation
- Familiarity with DoD test ranges
- Experience in one or more of the following: hypersonic vehicles, space vehicles, reentry vehicles, rocket or scramjet engine testing, high temperature materials, or ICBM testing
- Familiarity with the Systems Engineering
- Experience working with interdisciplinary teams of scientists and engineers
- Broad knowledge of technologies relevant to one or more of the 8 T&E/S&T Test Technology Areas: Cyber Testing, Directed Energy, Hypersonic Testing, Advanced Instrumentation, Unmanned and Autonomous Systems, C4ISR, Spectrum Efficiency, and Electronic Warfare
- Broad Knowledge of Military Systems and their missions
- Experience providing formal technical assessments of engineering or technology development
Scientific Research Corporation offers a competitive salary, an extensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages excellence. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Scientific Research Corporation is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate in employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.