IMMEDIATE COVID-19 MEDICAL NEEDS: Internal Medicineand General Surgery Hospitalists for New York City Area 3/30/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Tracking Code
STG International seeks short term support with immediate start dates due to COVID-19 Emergency Needs.
STG International (STGi) is currently seeking Internal Medicine or General Surgery Hospitalist Physicians to provide services at the New York Harbor VA - Brooklyn Campus. We are also hiring for the following NY/ NJ locations:
* Hudson Valley VA (Montrose Campus, Castle Point Campus)
* James J. Peters VA Medical Center (Bronx, NY)
* Northport VA Medical Center (Long Island)
* New Jersey ( East Orange Campus and Lyons Campus)
* New York Harbor (Manhattan Campus and St. Albans Community Living Center)
* Provide medical care based on primary and preventative care, to meet the needs (physical, mental, and emotional) of patients under a limited scope of Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) codes and within his/her skills and training.
* Function as the point of entry into the VA health care system.
* Participate in the orientation of clinical staff physicians, physician assistants and nurse practitioners.
* Provide leadership to CBOC clinicians.
* Evaluate the effectiveness of existing clinical methods and procedures and suggest improvements.
* Participate in review and improvement of clinical success in of areas of responsibility.
* Adhere/monitor policies, procedures and regulations to ensure compliance and patient safety.
* Participates in quality improvement, care management, risk management, peer review, utilization review, clinical outcomes, and health enhancement activates.
* Must be prepared to sign a collaborative practice agreement with clinic APRN and/or PA.
* Manage medical care, basic mental screenings, medication adjustments, mild depression, anxiety, and loss/grief issues, and continuity of care with the VAMC for patients enrolled in the VA Primary Care Program.
* Emphasize wellness, prevention and early detection.
* Promote continuity and quality of care through an ongoing relationship with the veteran enrollee.
* Maintain universal precautions and infection control practices.
* Develop and maintain an ongoing relationship with the veteran and assists in making referrals for services and/or admissions to the VAMC as medically appropriate. Determine which referrals are required based on examination and patient needs.
* Provide smooth and timely flow of patients in accordance with the VA access standards and triage protocol.
* Oversee all delivery of care to patients by the CBOC.
* Administer medications per facility protocols.
* Perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and assist during respiratory and cardiac arrest procedures.
* Document all pertinent patient information in their Veterans Health Information Systems and Technology Architecture (VISTA) medical records to demonstrate quality care delivery and promote continuity of care.
* Determine level of urgency of follow-up, referral/consultation appointments in accordance to the VA access standards and the patient's medical necessity.
* Keep patient informed regarding their plan of care, including lab and diagnostic test results as needed.
* Provide health educational, materials and resources to patients and their families for informational purposes.
* Participate in the ongoing Performance Improvement Program between its Subcontractor(s), and the VAMC.
* Assist in ensuring that all required reports are completed in an accurate and complete fashion.
* Assist in the management/coordination of the clinic's day-to-day activity, in conjunction with the Registered Nurse (RN)/CBOC Manager and VA Program's philosophy.
* Comply with all federal, state, local, Joint Commission, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Veteran Affairs, Subcontractor safety and operational regulations, directives and standards.
* Ensure all patient information on encounter forms is complete and accurate.
* Maintain confidentiality of all information and supporting patients` privacy, rights, and safety.
* Act as a liaison for the VAMC.
* Perform other work-related duties as assigned.
Due to the crisis we are flexible with state licensure and work availability. We will accept any state license and consider full time, part time, and PRN shifts.
* Retain an active, full and unrestricted medical license in any State, Territory or Commonwealth in the US and District of Columbia.
* Board-certified in either Internal Medicine or General Surgery or board eligible within four (4) years of residency completion in either Internal Medicine or General Surgery.
* Current and unrestricted DEA.
* Retain BLS and ACLS from the American Heart Association (AHA)
* Knowledge of and ability to apply professional medical principles, procedures, and techniques in accordance with the community and VA standards of practice.
* Knowledge of pharmacological agents used in patient treatment, including desired effects, side effects, complications, and patient usage considerations.
* Experience with safe and reasonable practices regarding opioid medications for chronic musculoskeletal pain
* Knowledge of the basic concepts of customer service technique related to age-specific population.
* Effective verbal and written communication skills in the English language along with proper telephone etiquette.
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Software and computer maneuverability including experience with electronic medical records systems.
* Possess a Doctorate Degree in Medicine from an accredited college approved by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education and Hospitals of the American Medical Association, a Doctorate degree in Osteopathy from a college accredited by the American Osteopathic Association, or permanent certification by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG).
* Successful completion of a residency program in Internal Medicine or General Surgery with recognition by the American Board of Medical Specialties or by the American Osteopathic Association.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
* Moderate physical activity. Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 25 pounds or standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day.
* Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
* Required to respond to any medical emergency within the clinic, where a fast walk or job may be necessary to provide assistance.
STG International, Inc (STGi) is a workforce solutions company providing comprehensive healthcare delivery, Head Start and management consulting services and human capital solutions help our clients. Our services and solutions help our clients sustain and enhance their operations to better accomplish their mission.
STGi offers a Competitive benefits package which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k with company match and a generous PTO policy.
STG International, Inc. is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
*Housing and travel accommodations may be available
Brooklyn, New York, United States
As an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, STGi is committed to providing equal employment in the employment and advancement for all persons regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as protected veterans and persons with disabilities at all levels of employment, including the executive level.
For more details, please visit :