In-Line Quality Technician GA3 2/27/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Inline Quality Technician
The Inline Quality Technician inspects, diagnoses and repairs vehicles in a live, moving production line, high-speed environment. Technicians work in tandem with General Assembly to correct and contain any quality defects on assembly line vehicles. They work cross-functionally with various upstream production and engineering departments, maintenance teams, and suppliers. The purpose of the IQT technician is to minimize the amount of cars that are sent to End of Line repair for rectification, yielding a higher results and efficiency for Tesla.
* Operate in the inspect, diagnose and repair mindset.
* Comprehend current production quality trends based on dashboards or from occurrences in the line.
* Communicate emerging and trending quality issues to prevent larger impact to the line to IQT and GA leadership through walk back or line stop activities.
* Execute timely corrective action for quality mitigation and containment through rework, replacement or repairs while the production line is active, minimizing impact to General Assembly.
* Ensure defects are contained from reoccurring (IE robust countermeasures are implemented).
* Responsible for ensuring minimal to no NCs are left open as vehicles are moved its next GA station.
* Construct and maintain strong partnering relationships with cross functional teams in respective zone/pitch.
* Collaborate with engineering teams to support investigation, containment and execution for strategic quality issues.
* Support technical growth with training and learning with peers on the team.
* Coach and trainer to GA associates regarding inline quality, repair and rectification.
* Flexibility for dynamic changes in day to day work as it pertains to daily Quality priorities.
* Adept and knowledgeable in understanding and conducting basic repairs, utilizing hand and diagnostic tools.
* Ability to visually detect defects and repair in fast paced environment and rate of General Assembly.
* Ability to understand and determine at minimum basic root cause for defects to prevent reoccurrence for GA controllable defects.
* Ability to determine potential countermeasure solutions and implement at station occurrence to improve or retrain GA associates.
* Ability to feedback defects and defect trends to Inline Quality and GA leadership teams.
* Ability to establish first line of defense for immediate containment activities (ie operator retrain, defect part segregation, 100% inline repair, etc).
* Ability to build solid relationships in with cross-functional GA teams for respective zones/pitches.
* Ability to have strong personable skills in verbal and written communication as well as influence.
* Ability to utilize Mattermost (online communication channel) to document and communicate defects to peers within GA to ensure defects are contained before exiting.
* Ability to use electronic tools to document, communicate and resolve quality issues (IE MOS, electronic inspection applications, mattermost, etc).
* Ability to apply critical thinking skillset to engage and troubleshoot new quality issues.
* Ability to leverage general automotive diagnostic skills (multimeter and wiring schematic interpretation, torque tool usage, knowledge of HVAC and Cooling systems, etc.)
* 2+ years experience in automotive diagnosis, servicing, and repair techniques of automobiles (may be substituted for experience in General Assembly at Tesla).
* Perform detailed daily record keeping and reporting.
* Handle multiple priorities, organize workload, and meet deadlines.
* Work in a team-based environment and achieve common goals.
* High School Diploma or equivalent.
* Associate Degree or Certificate in Automotive Technology or the equivalent in experience and evidence of exceptional ability.
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.