This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/20/2019
END DATE 11/28/2019
JOB DESCRIPTIONAbout Tesla Inc.
Tesla s goal is to accelerate the world s transition to electric mobility with a full range of increasingly affordable electric cars. California-based Tesla designs and manufactures EVs, as well as EV powertrain components for partners such as Toyota and Daimler. In Q1 of 2013 Tesla has delivered more than 10,000 electric vehicles to customers in 31 countries. Tesla s Model S is the world s first premium sedan designed and engineered from the ground up as an electric vehicle and was named Automobile Magazine s 2013 Automobile of the Year and Motor Trend s prestigious 2013 Car of the Year .
Incident Representative, Environmental, Health & Safety
Environment, Health, and Safety
He or she is responsible for managing programs and processes to reduce the severity of potential workers comp claims. The Incident Management Representative will support day-to-day operations with managing a number of EHS processes: triaging incident reports, ergonomic evaluations, OSHA recordkeeping, drug testing and medical treatment authorization, return to work program, light duty accommodations, incident analysis, and data collection/entry. The Incident Management Representative will play a key role in the triage of Incident management operations and documents from the Tesla Healthcare clinic. An Incident Management Representatives main responsibilities will include but not be limited to OSHA recordkeeping regulations and documentation.
The overall charter is achieving compliance within the company s and regulatory agencies standards in EHSS. The candidate must work well on both self-initiated projects and those driven by concerns and issues reported by business partners. The ideal candidate takes pride in his/her analytical abilities, organization skills and attention to detail. He or she appreciates an environment where superior work is encouraged, noticed and rewarded.
Roles and Responsibilities:
* Regular and punctual full-time attendance at the job site in assigned work area required
* Capture key pieces of information about employees injury and/or illness
* Searching for existing/closed or ongoing Zurich (Workers Comp) cases.
* Capture key information about the nature of the injury, part of body affected, source and type of incident
* Make sure that there is sufficient information in the records to satisfy the OSHA/WC needs
* Incorporate return to work information/reach out to stakeholders and update accordingly
* Provide direction to injured workers and supervisors regarding medical evaluation and treatment of any injuries ranging from first aid to advanced life support
* Referral to outside medical providers, if applicable
* Follows up with injured workers to determine return to work status and ongoing treatment
* Manage claims file
* Enter doctor and clinic reports
* Enter photos and field reports
* First Report of Injuries
* Manage OSHA recordkeeping (300 Log)
* Evaluates the injury and assess job duties to ensure reasonable accommodation is being made
* Authorize drug testing
* Additional safety related projects as needed
Skills and Experience:
* Certifications First Aid/CPR/AED, OSHA 2255: Principles of Ergonomics Applied to Work-Related Musculoskeletal and Nerve Disorders, and OSHA 7845: OSHA Recordkeeping Rule preferred
* Knowledge in Workers Compensation laws, policies, and procedures
* Understanding of medical and legal terminology
* Strong mathematical calculating skills
* Analyze data to identify trends and escalate to appropriate business partners
* Excellent customer service
* Quick and accurate data entry
* Able to influence and communicate effectively with Supervisors and Associates
* Ability to work effectively and efficiently under pressure while managing competing demands and tight deadlines
* Well organized with meticulous attention to detail
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Knowledge of Word and Excel
* Bi-lingual in Spanish preferred
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.