Industrial Custodian - $15.25/hr 6/6/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY POSITION PURPOSE
* Keep building in clean and orderly condition, to complete the plant wide painting schedule and to assist in the SQF Audits while maintaining SQF standards.
* Assists with GEMBA paperwork
* Performs industrial cleaning duties inside and outside building
* Occasionally operates scissor and Genie lifts
* Occasionally operates cordless drill, cordless wet/dry vacuum, and sanders.
* Occasionally operates motor-driven cleaning equipment such as floor scrubbers
* Sweeps and mops floors
* Washes walls, glass, plant equipment and building fixtures using cleaning solutions, scrapers, brooms, dusters and variety of hand and power tools
* Disposes of rubbish / trash
* Monitors and Maintains recycling program
* Maintains building and equipment by performing minor and routine painting
* Inventories and requisitions supplies and equipment used in cleaning and maintenance duties
* Perform minor floor repairs
* Assist with Preventive maintenance tasks
* Perform basic household maintenance activities
* Performs deep cleaning and painting assignments during low traffic periods such as plant shutdowns and holidays.
* Monitors the Housekeeping standards in the break room actively managing the Cleanliness of the storage shelves and items stored in the refrigerators discarding abandoned food products.
* Assist temporary employees with understanding task assignments while Reinforcing SQF standards and Graphic Packaging Internationals core values.
* Shares an obligation to protect and strengthen Graphic Packaging International's good reputation in our relationships with customers, employees, suppliers, competitors, investors, and governmental agencies, and to act consistently with our core values: Integrity, Respect, Accountability, Relationships, and Teamwork
* High School Diploma, GED
* Ability to work any shift, including 12 hours, evenings, and weekends
* Ability to work compulsory mandatory overtime as required
* Familiar with HACCP / SQF compliance standards
* Familiar with Food defense compliance standards
* Ability to develop plans to accomplish work, and prioritize and organize one's own work
* Ability to perform physical activities that require moving one's whole body, such as in climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, where the activities often also require considerable use of the arms and legs, such as in the physical handling of materials
* Ability to communicate with others by providing information to supervisor and fellow workers. This information can be exchanged face-to-face, in writing, or via telephone/electronic transfer
* Ability to implement ideas and programs. Conducting or carrying out work procedures and activities in accord with one's own ideas or information provided through directions/instructions for purposes of installing, modifying, preparing, delivering, finishing, or completing programs, systems, structures, or products.
At Graphic Packaging International (NYSE: GPK), we produce the box you may have poured your child's cereal from this morning, the microwaveable tray that heated your lunch, the paper cup that held your coffee throughout the day, and the carrier of those bottles of craft beer you may enjoy tonight! We're one of the largest manufacturers of paperboard and paper-based packaging for some of the world's most recognized brands of food, beverage, foodservice, household, personal care and pet care products. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, we are a team of collaborative, innovative, passionate individuals who are committed to providing consumer packaging that makes a world of difference.
With almost 18,000 employees working in more than 70 locations in North and South America, Europe and the Pacific Rim, we strive to be an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in the communities where we operate. We are committed to workplace diversity and offer compensation and benefits programs that are among the industry's best to reward the talented people who make our company successful.
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, we'd love to hear from you. Learn more about us at www.graphicpkg.com.
Inspired Packaging. A World of Difference.
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, religion, age, gender or sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic identity, genetic information, disability, veteran/military status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Click here to view the EEO is the Law Poster.