Industrial Maintenance Electrician 6/4/2020
The J. M. Smucker Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Support the operation of high-speed manufacturing production equipment in processing and packaging to produce Milk-Bone product for the company. Excellent wages and benefits. Pay Rate: $34.31 (max)/hr. plus shift differential (if applicable). Pre-employment drug test and background check required.
* Positions are 2nd shift (3pm-11pm) and/or 3rd shift (11pm-7am). Assigned shift attendance is required and willingness to work overtime, including weekends and holidays is expected.
* Follow all company Safety Rules and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP's).
* Produce high quality products in a safe and healthful manner.
* Work in all areas of processing and packaging, as assigned, which includes being in close proximity to and crossing platforms over machinery. Cross-training will occur throughout the facility in all aspects of high-speed manufacturing.
* Ability to work as part of a team.
* Assist fellow employees as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the duties and functions of the position.
* Selected individuals must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, be highly motivated and responsible, and work well within a team environment.
* Experience as an industrial electrician in a high-speed manufacturing or technical environment required.
* Knowledge of NEC, OSHA, electronic test equipment, single and three phase electrical systems and wiring procedures to 600V required.
* Ability to read and interpret mechanical blueprints, schematics and parts specifications.
* Must have own hand tools.
* Knowledge of PLCs (Modicon and Allen Bradley) and VFDs in a manufacturing environment is preferred.
* Ideal candidates will have ability to inspect, maintain, troubleshoot, repair, install and update electrical systems and components.
* Knowledge of HMIs is preferred.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High-school degree or equivalent is required. Associates Degree preferred.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, GMP's and general instructions. Good communication skills are required.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out both oral and written instructions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions and duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and lift. The employee is required to stand and walk at minimum 70% of the time.
* The employee must be able to work 8-hour shifts.
* The employees must be able to lift fifty (50) pounds.
* The employee must be able to squat or kneel and to bend on a frequent basis.
* The employee must be able to work in a cold and hot environment.
* The employee must be able to tolerate exposure to flour and yeast materials.
* The employee must be able to climb steps on a frequent basis.
SAFE PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS
Employee must have the ability to perform the essential job functions identified above consistent with safety standards and practices with or without a reasonable accommodation.
The work environments characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high.
The following questions are asked of all internal candidates. Your answers will not exclude you from applying. All internal candidates are required to discuss their interest in a new position with their manager prior to applying..
The J. M. Smucker Company (the Company ) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No person will be discriminated against in hiring or in any other aspect of their employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, marital status, familial status, disability, genetic information, protected veteran/military status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.