Industry 4.0 Intern/Co-Op Automation
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 11/12/2019
END DATE 12/5/2019
Stanley Black & Decker
As Stanley Engineering Fastening continues this journey with SEF 2.0 and Smart Factory environments, Strong Leadership in the Standards and Deployment of Industry 4.0 Management becomes a significant factor in in ensuring satisfying our customers every day, but also being a key enabler in business alignment, eliminating hidden waste, and increasing our speed.
Stanley Engineered Fastening is looking for an Engineering Intern to assist regional Advanced Manufacturing Engineers with the deployment of automation, robotics, and IIOT projects across the SEF Regional businesses in North America.
The successful candidate will be an innovative thinker who can learn to understand requirements for automation/robotics in manufacturing and also be a key resource in helping to gather necessary information to have a successful project. The candidate will also work to help manage updating project plans, reporting progress and ensuring cost savings are reported accurately and on time. They should be a great communicator that can work across diverse team inside and outside the business.
Essential Responsibilities include the following:
* Assist with the development and deployment of Agile Automation Production Systems
* Gathering of appropriate information and data to aid in justification of new projects, and reporting of existing projects success.
* Help monitor progress for regional Industry 4.0 projects the regions capability to ensure they remain on time and achieve targeted savings.
* Analyze and evolve the systems used to ensure constant improvement is maintained at the highest level
* Research and evaluate new technologies that could be used for Industry 4.0 solutions.
* Ensure the factories in the regions have the best access to advice and the latest technological thinking and possible solutions
* Maintain key weekly reports, and monitor cost savings for various plants where needed.
* Evaluates, and improves manufacturing methods, utilizing knowledge of product design, materials and parts, fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment capabilities, assembly methods, and quality control standards.
* Utilizes Industry 4.0 elements to improve processes and productivity. Assist with testing proof of concept, and pilot projects.
* Analyzes data and trends to identify problems and opportunities and makes recommendations to reduce gaps.
* Assist with the deployment of Automation and Robotic Systems and study of ergonomically designed interventions that can operate safely in proximity to people.
* Confers with management, engineering, and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes. Applies statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements and potential
* Assist with working with vendors to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts, and evaluate products according to specifications and quality standards
* Helps to create and prepares formal cost justifications for purchase of Capital Equipment
* Recommends methods for improving worker efficiency and reducing waste of materials and utilities such as restructuring job duties, reorganizing workflow, relocating workstations and equipment and purchase of equipment.
* Perform time studies where needed to evaluate current state processes.
* Monitor projects after deployments to ensure achievement of desired outcome. Report any variances and help create action plan to address any anomalies.
* Maintain files, reports, sample requests, etc. for team when necessary.
* Perform trial runs and samples for new equipment deployments, testing, or evaluations.
* Help to create and deploy standard documentation for use within Industry 4.0 Projects.
Time Allotted (%)
* High School Graduate
* In Process of obtaining degree in Engineering Field at accredited University
* Coursework towards Engineering related degree
* Microsoft office )Excel, Word, Powerpoint, etc)
* Project management skills to help define, manage and deliver projects
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Ability stay current with current technologies and industry trends.
* Ability to perform effectively within budgetary guidelines
* Decisive and confident, open and candidate with the ability to energize others
* Strong sense of urgency and personal commitment
* Possesses excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
* Ability to work with many different disciplines across all levels of the organization
* Willingness to learn and embrace new technologies
* Comfortable with new technology such as smart home devices, networks, etc.
Learning & Development
The job holder will work across manufacturing leaders and the Industry 4.0 Engineers to energize our thinking and capability of building on the latest technologies and deploying advanced manufacturing techniques that are appropriate and proportionate, leading to growth and development in the following areas:
* Cross region project management
* Influencing the businesses decisions on projects and capital investments
* Opportunities to fine tune financial acumen
* Opportunity to work with key operations leaders to understand SEF business
* Role could lead to potential opportunities within the Industry 4.0 team upon graduation.
* Opportunity to work with cutting edge technology in manufacturing
* Gain experience and understanding of IIOT and the impact it can have on operations.
* Exposure to a company leading the charge in Industry 4.0
Essential Responsibilities include the following:
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law