Information Assurance/Security Specialist 5/7/2020
Applied Information Sciences, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Requisition Number: 394
Position Title: Security Information Engineer
Now Hiring Information Assurance/Security Specialists
As a INFORMATION ASSURANCE/SECURITY SPECIALIST, you will be providing cyber security support as a full-time consultant. You will be responsible for the Information Assurance and Security of application, database, and enterprise network services. In addition, you will be performing activities associated with delivery of Cybersecurity policy implementation and network solutions associated with customer-defined systems and software projects. Must be able to commute around the DC Metro Area.
* Provide information security expertise and consulting
* Implement an information security framework
* Plan, design, and implement security-related technologies
* Ensure new and existing products conform to information security policies, standards, and best practices
* Review new and existing system designs for compliance with security standards and best practices
* Cross-train and mentor other staff members as needed
* The ideal candidate will draw on previous information assurance exposure to assist with cloud system certification and accreditation activities
* Analyze existing security strategies, roadmaps, and implementation plans
* Assess organizational progress against existing security strategies, plans, or directives
* Conduct analysis of alternatives in response to customer requirements
* Develop policy, programs, and guidelines for implementation
Profile of Success:
* BS in Computer Science or Information Technology/Security
* 1-3 years of experience in systems/security engineering
* Experience with the Risk Management Framework (RMF) or FedRAMP ATO process to include a working knowledge of the various steps/stages within the process
* Knowledgeable of relevant NIST Special Publications guidance as it pertains to the RMF
* Experience leading RMF Cybersecurity/IA Activities
* Strong knowledge and experience with DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG)
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Current CompTIA Security+ Certification preferred or the ability to obtain CompTIA Security+ Certification within 30 days of employment required
* Desire to obtain Microsoft certifications
Community / Marketing Title: Information Assurance/Security Specialist
AIS, DEDICATED TO OUR PEOPLE
AIS employees can spend their entire career at AIS doing challenging, rewarding work and reach their desired level of achievement and responsibility. We offer the opportunity to move up, without the obligation to move out of a position where one excels. We are committed to our employee s success; however, they define it.
It s our dedication to the community that has committed us to become a 100% employee-owned company. Our employees are our greatest strength, and we do all that we can to serve them. We invest in technology as early adopters, allowing us to create transformative and innovative solutions for our customers while exposing our team to cutting edge technology.
We hire outstanding individuals who are committed to curiosity, passionate about emerging technology, and who are excited to find innovative solutions for the biggest tech challenges facing international brands and government agencies today.
WE INVEST IN INDIVIDUALS COMMITTED TO INNOVATION
AIS is seeking professionals of a certain character and level of excellence. People that we can learn from and that we can help grow to achieve their personal career goals. We are looking for:
* Smart people with a passion for technology
* Strong technical capabilities with a consultancy mindset
* Close involvement with local technical communities
* A willingness to think outside of the box to provide innovative solutions to clients
* Ability to solve challenging technical business problems
* Self-directed professionals
OUR CORE VALUES
* Client Success
* Continued Learning and Technical Excellence
* Strong Client Relationships
* Citizenship and Community
AIS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Location_formattedLocationLong: District Of Columbia, US
CountryEEOText_Description: Applied Information Sciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis covered by law. Employment decisions are based solely on qualifications merit, and business need..