Information System Security Officer (ISSO) T&E - Secret Clearance 5/6/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description:
Wanted: A mission driven professional with experience in
Fighter Aircraft Security and Cyber-Security activities
and management with an active Top Secret/SCI Clearance
to become our new Information System Security Officer
As an OT&E Program Information System Security Officer
(ISSO) you will:
* Work with a team of driven, supportive and highly
* Receive a robust benefits package that includes
Employee Stock Ownership Plan!
* Enjoy flexibility managing your work hours and
personal needs with a single accrual leave plan.
A week in the life of an OT&E Program Information System
Security Officer (ISSO):
* Provide Security and Cyber-Security F-35
programmatic support to the Program Office and
Government Operational Test (OT) Team.
* Perform technical audits and will be responsible for
enforcement of Information Systems security policies
* Identify security requirements, document existing
security and cyber-security capabilities, identify
shortfalls, perform trade-off analyses, and
recommend approaches to solve security and
cyber-security issues during test preparation as
well as test execution.
Most of the work will be performed jointly with the Air
Force Operational Test and Evaluation Center (AFOTEC),
Department of the Navy s Operational Test and Evaluation
Force (OPTEVFOR). The candidate is expected to work in a
joint and combined test team environment where
operational test products are developed and coordinated
with the Air Force, Navy, Marine Corps operational test
team members. AFOTEC Det 6 serves as the lead
Operational Test Agency (OTA) for the multi-service F-35
Operational Test and Evaluation (OT&E). In addition to
AFOTEC, the F-35 Operational Test Team consists of FOT&E
participants from the Department of the Navy, Commander,
Operational Test and Evaluation Force (COMOPTEVFOR).
Founded in 1975, AMERICAN SYSTEMS is one of the largest
employee-owned companies in the United States. We are a
government services contractor focused on delivering
Strategic Solutions to complex national priority
programs with 100+ locations worldwide. Our
employee-owners are encouraged to make a difference,
implement new ideas in a collaborative environment, and
focus on mission critical success. Through our focus on
quality, strong cultural beliefs and innovation we
deliver excellence every day. Join us!
AWARDED BEST OF THE BEST by U.S. Veterans Magazine and
TOP 10 MILITARY FRIENDLY EMPLOYER" by
* Have the required DoDD 8140.01 (DoDD 8570)
Information Assurance Workforce Improvement Program,
Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level II,
Information Security Professional Baseline
* Bachelor s Degree in Security Engineering, Computer
Engineering or Computer Science from an accredited
educational program is desired.
* Minimum of five (2) years of recent and relevant
experience as an Information Systems Security
* Secret Clearance with background investigation
completed within last five years
* In-depth experience and familiarity with AFOTEC
Security and Cyber-Security policies, procedures and
regulations as pertaining to the operational test of
* Broad Navy/Marine Corp Fighter Aircraft/Platform
* In-depth knowledge and understanding of DoD and
AFOTEC Risk Management Framework (FMP) processes,
policies, procedures and enforcement guidance.
* Advanced knowledge of security and cyber-security
test and evaluation methodologies and practices of
aircraft system testing, necessitated by unique
limitations and requirements of operational testing
* Ability to communicate any Cyber-Security Test
results and information to the Government sponsoring
activities and decision makers.
* Knowledge of Air Force, Navy, Marine Corps and
multi-service missions, operations, logistics,
management, and organizational responsibilities.
* Understanding of the DoD 5000 Acquisition series, as
well as Air Force and Department of the Navy
acquisition program documents to include, but not
limited to: OPNAVINST 5000.42 series, as well as
SECNAVINST 5000 series instructions. DOD 5000.01,
DoD 5000.02 SECNAVINST 5000 series (highly desired).
* Knowledge to design and conduct a comprehensive F-35
security and cyber-security test programs where the
boundaries of the test are extremely broad and
difficult to determine in advance is highly desired.
The ideal candidate will also:
* Be a positive, self-motivated, and proactive person
with the ability to adapt to change and tolerate
* Willing to work overtime, holidays, and weekends as
* Be professional and have above average
communications and interpersonal skills.
* Have experience in using Microsoft Word, Excel, and
* Be capable of working on high-visibility, mission
critical aspects of the F-35 program and shall be
able to independently perform the most complicated
Cyber-Security T&E technical support activities
relevant to all the tasks identified in the assigned
functional discipline section.
* Have the necessary experience and technical
abilities to support the assigned tasks and lead
senior level support personnel, assigned programs