Information System Security Officer (ISSO) Top Secret Clearance 5/6/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description:
WANTED: An experienced Information Systems Security
Officer (ISSO) with demonstrated experience in
performing information assurance and cyber security
analyses in SAP and SCI environments with TS clearance.
As an Information System Security Officer you will:
* Be responsible for supporting the IA and
Accreditation tasks for all classified program
networks and will participate in the IA activities
for compliance with DoD IA requirements.
* Ensure compliance with the current DoD and IC
information management/information technology
(IM/IT) guidance and is responsible for information
assurance, security compliance, detection, response,
and recovery; and Certification and Accreditation
(CA) of all systems.
* Protect and sustain the information assurance
requirements for system and information
availability, access control, integrity,
confidentiality and non-repudiation for these
environments. This includes, specifically,
performing analysis, identifying and implementing
protection solutions, and preparing and maintaining
engineering and security related documentation.
* Perform vulnerability assessments, implementation of
security controls in networking devices, databases,
operating systems, hardware and software components,
administer and managed IA Vulnerability Alerts
(IAVA), and security POAMs
* Perform analysis on any special compartments
including verification of any special handling
requirements, identifying systems processing
sensitive but unclassified information requiring
additional security controls, and by identifying the
type of information processed (Privacy Act,
financial, critical operational, proprietary, and
* Perform additional tasking including hands on staff
work such as the preparation of papers; status
reports; technical reviews/reports and
presentations; and the use of applications such as
Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Project.
* Work with a team of driven, supportive and highly
* Receive a robust benefits package that includes
Employee Stock Ownership Plan!
* Enjoy flexibility managing your work hours and
personal needs with a single accrual leave plan.
A week in the life of an ISSO:
* Bring a deep technical understanding (hands-on) of a
broad set of back office systems and applications
(e.g., Windows operating systems, Active Directory,
MS Office, internetworking, etc.) to understand,
apply, and execute IA and cybersecurity policies and
tasks (e.g., review SSPs, and addenda, conduct
audits of operational systems by reviewing logs,
* Apply analytical skills and perspective to advise
and assist government ISSM and AMERICAN SYSTEMS
colleagues with defining and implementing IA and
information system security requirements.
* Assess and implement the IA and cyber security
posture of a particular system and the enclave which
it resides is compliant with RMF and NIST 800-53
technical controls and develop / maintain associated
certification and accreditation documentation.
* Perform security systems engineering for various
computer hardware and software operating system and
application solutions in both stand-alone and LAN /
* Manage security features to mitigate vulnerabilities
of various operating systems as defined by NIST,
DISA (STIGs), and USCYBERCOM. Perform network and
system security administration including operating
system security configuration and account management
best practices for Windows, Exchange, SQL Server,
SharePoint, Red Hat Linux, Oracle, and Cisco
* Perform vulnerability testing and mitigation using
tools to include HBSS, ACAS, and SCCM.
* Establish and maintain effective relationships
across a broad spectrum of skills and disciplines:
advocate as a liaison to ensure that IA and
cybersecurity perspectives and requirements are
engineered into information technology solutions
upfront at the beginning of a task or project.
* Our client is a highly classified program supporting
national security initiatives. Effectiveness and
efficiency in providing highly resilient and
available technical solutions that have the
necessary safeguards to protect national assets is
imperative. This position is instrumental in
assuring those safeguards are applied and compliance
Founded in 1975, AMERICAN SYSTEMS is one of the largest
employee-owned companies in the United States. We are a
government services contractor focused on delivering
Strategic Solutions to complex national priority
programs with 100+ locations worldwide. Our
employee-owners are encouraged to make a difference,
implement new ideas in a collaborative environment, and
focus on mission critical success. Through our focus on
quality, strong cultural beliefs and innovation we
deliver excellence every day. Join us!
AWARDED BEST OF THE BEST by U.S. Veterans Magazine and
TOP 10 MILITARY FRIENDLY COMPANY by
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* 3-6 years of relevant experience.
* Advanced information system security certifications
* Must be IAM Level III compliant.
* Bachelor's degree in related discipline.
* Military background and experience a plus.
* CISSP or CISM (IAM Level III compliant).
* A strong technical understanding of a broad set of
back office systems and applications (e.g., Windows
operating systems, Active Directory, MS Office,
* A strong technical understanding and experience of
applying and executing IA policies and tasks (e.g.,
reviewing SSPs and addenda, conducting audits of
operational systems by reviewing event logs, etc.).
* Hands-on experience with configuration and
maintaining networking devices (e.g., firewalls,
switches, routers, Taclanes, NSA Type I encryption,
* Necessary skills and perspective to advise and
assist IT system engineers with defining and
implementing IA and information system security
* Ability to assess and ensure the IA posture of a
particular system and the enclave which it resides
in (Windows domain).
* Ability to establish and maintain effective
relationships with all employees along with
demonstrated communication skills (good oral and
written communication skills) in order to develop
presentations and reports and to collaborate
CLEARANCE: Active Top Secret (SCI eligible)