Information Systems Security Technician Splunk Admin (Cyber Operations Malware Analyst Interm
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 1/29/2020
END DATE 2/14/2020
Job ID 2020-4353
US-VA-Radford | US-VA | US-VA
IT: Information Assurance / Quality / Cyber Security
NCI: As an Information Systems Security Technician Splunk Admin (Cyber Operations Malware Analyst Intermediate), you will provide services in support of the Army Product Director Acquisition, logistics, and Technology Enterprise systems and Services (PD ALTESS). PD ALTESS provides enterprise class data center services ranging from server hosting, software design and system architecture to lifecycle management, problem solving and Enterprise Service desks for PD ALTESS hosted customers and associated users. PD ALTESS has a mission to keep systems up and running and serving customers twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, and three hundred sixty-five days a year. PD ALTESS supports multiple missions throughout the DoD, Army and Federal workspaces. Data centers supported are expansive and integrated across multiple geographical locations, consisting of both physical and virtual architectures, supporting hundreds of programs, thousands of virtual servers and millions of users worldwide. The missions we supported is varied and complex. In assuming this position, you will be a critical contributor to meeting NCI's mission: To deliver innovative, cost-effective solutions and services that enable our customers to rapidly adapt to dynamic environments.
Highlights of Responsibilities:
As part of the Cybersecurity Branch CND Team, individual shall provide information systems security technical support consisting of the following tasks:
* Perform vulnerability scanning of computer systems using DoD and Army authorized security scanning software.
* Use results of vulnerability scans to determine vulnerabilities and develop operational plans to remediate or mitigate vulnerabilities as they are discovered.
* Install, operate, and maintain Host Based Security System.
* Operate and maintain web content filter.
* Manage PL ALTESS Cybersecurity training and certification program using the Army Training and Certification Tracking System.
* Assist hosted customers in obtaining and maintaining RMF and other certifications as required.
* Review and document change requests; and determine approval or denial of requests.
* Update and/or assist the hosted system's personnel in updating artifacts of the RMF; i.e., system diagram (logical and physical) Hardware/Software/Firmware Inventory, Interface & Ports, Protocols and Services listing, etc.
* Clearance: Department of Defense (DOD) Secret Security Clearance
* Information Assurance (IA) Certification (required on day one of employment): DOD 8570 IAM I (CAP, GSLC, Security+ CE)
* Education/Experience: BA +7 years experience
* At least 4 years of experience in CyberSecurity (Information Assurance)
* Capable of being proactive and working independently with minimal technical direction.
* Communicate in an effective manner.
This position requires the ability to perform the below essential functions:
* Sitting for long periods
* Standing for long periods
* Ambulate throughout an office
* Ambulate between several buildings
* Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl as required
* Travel by land or air transportation 25%
It is the policy of NCI to provide equal opportunity in recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting individuals in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class or category as may be defined by federal, state, or local laws or regulations. In addition, we affirm that all compensation, benefits, company-sponsored training, educational assistance, social, and recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, or gender identity. It is our firm intent to support equal employment opportunity and affirmative action in keeping with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. NCI is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.