Information Technology Support (Lead) (11715) 6/6/2020
Obsidian Solutions Group
Twentynine Palms, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Information Technology Support (Lead)
Primary Location: Twentynine Palms, CA, US
Must be a U.S citizen
Security Clearance: Secret
The Marine Corps Tactics and Operations Group (MCTOG) mission is to provide standardized advanced training and certification to Ground Combat Element (GCE) Operations Officers, Operations Chiefs, and select other GCE training specialists in GCE operations, combined arms planning and integration, and unit readiness planning at the company, battalion, and regiment levels to support GCE Training and Readiness (T&R) events.
The Information Technology Support Lead will manage an IT Support Team to administer the MCTOG enterprise network operating services crucial to hosting simulation, C4, and collaborative services. The servers provide MCTOG the ability to imitate COC and Battle Staff Operations conducted throughout service, joint, and coalition environments. The preferred candidate will lead a team that develops and administers MCTOG clients and images. The image is the medium in which staff, augments, and students alike access the programs and applications of the MCTOG enterprise. Additionally, following the establishment of the network/enterprise, provide operation and maintenance of all services rendered on MCTOG Secure Internet Protocol Router (SIPR) and Exercise Network server farms and Continuity of Operations (COOP) server farm.
* Manage an IT Support Team that provides IT support across various enterprise network functionalities
* Install new software versions on application servers.
* As part of the installation process, ensure that the rigorous application of security technical implementation guides (STIG s) are implemented per DOD guidelines.
* Ensure information assurance policies, principles, and practices are followed in the delivery of enterprise, data, and network services.
* Install Information Assurance Vulnerability Alerts (IAVAs) and ensure that the network elements, encryption devices, operating system, and application servers are Information Assurance (IA) compliant.
* Operate and maintain the Secure Internet Protocol Routing (SIPR) and Non-Secure Internet Protocol Routing (NIPR) server farm for MCTOG; this includes the Continuity of Operations (COOP) server farm.
* Perform nightly, weekly and monthly backups.
* Rehearse recovery procedures at times determined by IAM to ensure any restore can be accomplished as quickly as possible.
* Backup all MCTOG enterprise servers in accordance with MCTOG SOPs.
* Plan, implement, operate, and maintain (PIOM) virtual machines (VM) operating systems (e.g., Government Off the Shelf (GOTS) and Commercial Off the Shelf (COTS)) that act as application server platforms and deploys into production, as required.
* Coordinate and schedule all outages of application servers.
* Configure and optimize network servers and associated encryption technologies.
* Install, operate, and upgrade network management software used to monitor server capacity and performance.
* Identify and develop training unit requirements, develop logical diagrams from requirements, and validate and update diagrams as required.
* Based on communication and data plans, build and operate tactical data services; install, configure, test, maintain, and upgrade servers and client.
* Support configuration manager in technical backup and restore processes for all network elements and Quality of Service (QOS) configuration files and Internet Operating Systems.
* From data plan, configure, operate, modify, and maintain logical domain using MS Active Directory.
* Support help desk manager by providing trouble call resolution and reporting in accordance with the HelpDesk SOP.
* Provide systems administration (update, patch, backup, restore) for MCTOG employed Windows Enterprise Servers and Linux Operating Systems.
* Execute back-up and restore services for all user data on Storage Area Network (SAN) and Network Attached Storage (NAS) storage devices as well individual servers.
* Configure and install virtual network interface cards for GOTS and COTS application servers.
* Install, configure, manage, administrate and maintain Microsoft Systems Center (MSC) Data Center servers.
* Install, configure, manage, administrate and maintain a Windows Hyper-V and VMWare environment.
Knowledge and Skills
* Must be knowledgeable in Information Assurance (IA) and incident response to identify recommendations to facilitate.
* Must be knowledgeable in digital communication networks (classified [SIPR] and unclassified [NIPR]) employed in support of military operations.
* Must have familiarity of integrating systems and applications across the SIPR and NIPR networks to support data paths to include the integration of multiple protocol QOS applications to improve network efficiencies.
* Must be knowledgeable in network management (troubleshooting, escalation, isolation, problem-solving, solution generation), SAN and NAS configuration, operation, maintenance, backup, and database administration.
* Must be knowledgeable of tactical C4ISR systems used by the MCTOG Command and Control (C2) and Simulation Architecture(s).
* Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Must possess self-motivation and a high level of discretion to work effectively.
* Must be able to multi-task efficiently, work in a fast-paced environment on multiple projects and have a strong attention for detail.
Experience and Education
* Bachelor s degree in Computer Information Systems or Electrical Engineering is required.
* A minimum of 5 years experience in data communications and networking within a military communications unit required.
* Former military experience required, USMC preferred.
* One of the following certifications is required per DODINST 8570:
* Network +
* Comp TIA Security+
* Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) with Windows Server 2008 & 2012, Windows 7 &8 and Office 365)
* Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) with messaging.
* VMware Certified Associate Data Center Virtualization (VCA-DCV)
* Certifications desired:
* Comp TIA A+
* MCSA with SQL 2008 & 2012
* Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) with Server and Desktop infrastructure, Enterprise devices and Apps and SharePoint.
* CISCO Certified Network Associate (CCNA).
* Desired knowledge in the following servers and applications, including, but are not limited, to the following:
* COTS Servers:
* MS 2008/2012 Enterprise server
* MS Exchange 2010
* MS Office 2010
* Windows SharePoint 2010
* Exchange 2010
* SQL Server 2008 and 2012
* Symantec 2010 R3
* ESXi 5.5
* VirtualCenter 5.5
* vSphere Data Protection v5.8
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
* Garrison work environment including but not limited to:
* occasional field/tactical environments
* occasional extended working hours will be required
* schedule: M-F 0700 to 1700
* Domestic travel may be required for training and program coordination.
* May be required to travel OCONUS to conduct installation, training or maintenance. Accordingly, a valid passport is required.
* Travel is estimated to be up to 30%.
Obsidian Solutions Group is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, any other non-merit factor, or any other characteristic protected by law.