Infrastructure Systems Engineer - Windows 8/22/2020
Jersey City, NJ
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Company Description
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It s the aim of our returnship program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work Certification for the fourth consecutive year. We ve been recognized by Forbes as a World s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk s Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.
Verisk is seeking an Infrastructure Systems Engineer - Windows to join our group. In this role, you'll work with the team on many interesting and challenging projects as we develop and build the next generation technology solutions for our company. Our primary asset is our great team of talented engineers and technically minded managers. We have cool technology and interesting projects ahead. You will be joining our company at a pivotal time as we leverage next generation software and hardware platforms to automate delivery of our services within our private and public cloud presence.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Design and manage multiple Active Directory Domains for a large, geographically dispersed enterprise.
* Deploy automation technologies and processes to support on-premise and cloud-based infrastructures.
* Automate existing repetitive, manual processes and procedures driving support efficiencies.
* Continuously improve scalability, reliability and efficiency of infrastructure systems.
* Work independently implementing technical solutions to include: identifying the problem, research/investigating potential solutions, testing potential solutions, providing recommended solution, implementing solution (including documentation).
* Participate in vulnerability management projects identifying at risk applications, servers and identify strategies for remediation.
* Utilize AWS and Azure tools in a hybrid infrastructure.
* Interface with vendors and internal global teams to ensure the environment conforms to the current standards.
* Act as a liaison between Architecture and Operations to foster a common tool set and strive to move towards infrastructure as a service.
* Provide 2nd and 3rd level support for the production environments.
* Liaise with developers to gather requirements, design and deploy standard systems.
* Liaise with multiple engineering teams for required system integrations.
* Provide 24*7 On call support based on rotation within the team.
* Work across functional teams to resolve problems and work on projects.
Core Tech Stack
* MS Windows server platform & technologies: AD/ADFS, GPO, Multi Domain Support, IIS, Terminal Server, Certificate management, Failover Clustering, SMB, Security and Compliance
* Configuration Management: SCCM, Software Package, OSD
* Scripting: Powershell, Command-Line, Batch
* DNS: Infoblox and Microsoft DNS
* Monitoring: SCOM, Splunk and ServiceNow
* Reporting: Tableau, Power BI, Advance Excel functions, Splunk
* PKI: AppviewX, Microsoft CA, AWS Certificate Management Services
* Cloud: AWS, Azure
* Cloud Platform Delivery: Terraform, Ansible, Chef
* Network Protocols: TCP/IP, SSL/TLS, DHCP, DNS, LDAP
* 5+ years of progressively responsible Windows/Systems engineer and automation experience.
* B.S. or higher degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent.
* Candidate must have significant technical background and experience with Windows Server OS: Design, Configuration, Active Directory, Group Policy Management, Domain trusts and Automation of Windows Server 2008, 2012, 2016 and 2019.
* Knowledge of implementing services in AWS (Terraform).
* Advanced knowledge in automating Windows platforms leveraging Ansible, Powershell and Chef.
* Strong knowledge supporting and implementing SCCM, Server Security Compliance, Patch Management and infoblox.
* Strong knowledge of networking (TCP/IP), security and optimization.
* Experience migrating complex, multi-tiered workloads from on-prem to the cloud, including provisioning the target infrastructure and executing cutover plans that minimize system downtime.
* Ability to troubleshoot and repair complex technical problems with team members, customers, and vendors quickly and effectively.
* Familiar with security tools such as Nessus, ForeScout.
* Strong knowledge of PKI Infrastructure.
* Strong knowledge of Microsoft clustering technologies.
* Strong knowledge of core technologies & protocols such as DNS, SMB, NTLM, SSL, FTP, Telnet etc.
* Must have a thorough (advanced to expert level) understanding of IT security and implementation of established government security related guidelines and impact on IT infrastructure.
* Must have a thorough (advanced to expert level) understanding of core infrastructure disciplines common to Windows such as DNS, DHCP, Active Directory, Group Policies, clustering technologies, MS System Center technologies, etc.
Location: This position can be located in Jersey City, NJ or Lehi, UT.
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Consumer Privacy Notice