Ink Technician Trainee
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 11/15/2019
END DATE 11/21/2019
Sun Chemical Corporation
INK TECHNICIAN TRAINEE
Job Locations US-TX-Waco
FT Sal/WhCo OT
# of Openings
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Sun Chemical, a member of the DIC group, is a leading producer of printing inks, coatings and supplies, pigments, polymers, liquid compounds, solid compounds, and application materials. Together with DIC, Sun Chemical has annual sales of more than $7.5 billion and over 20,000 employees supporting customers around the world.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
* Provide color matching, formulating and small blend support on-site for select
* customer (Sheet fed, Gravure and Flexo).
* Produce and quality control inks to ensure inks meet or exceed customer specifications.
* Maintain Detailed production and QC records.
* Review batch ticket formulas for work-off opportunities.
* Support customers schedule through production coordination.
* Strong press-side technical service, troubleshoot problems and keep site informed through
* Detailed and consistent technical reporting.
* Maintain good housekeeping and safe operations.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* High School Diploma/GED
* Strong customer service skills
* Strong organizational and time management skills
* Proficient in MS Excel and MS Outlook
* Experience with color matching and blending procedure
* Solvent and Water Gravure, Water Flexo and Sheet fed printing experience is a plus. Experience with ink dispensers & software is a plus
* Technical support experience
* Able to lift 50+ lbs
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
* Full-time; Salary Non-Exempt
* 3rd Shift -11pm-7am
* Training will be conducted during the day shift between 6-12 weeks
Sun Chemical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.