Inside Sales 6/5/2020
Gator Gypsum, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY GMS is the leading North American distributor of gypsum wallboard, acoustical ceiling products and other specialty building materials. Founded in 1971, GMS now operates a network of more than 250 distribution centers nationwide. For more information about GMS, visit www.gms.com or any one of our subsidiary company websites.
Summary of Position:
The primary function of Inside Sales is to provide product knowledge on building materials including drywall, insulation, metal studs for drywall, ceiling systems, stucco, construction tools, construction safety items, drywall compound, and accessories for the drywall industry.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Taking orders at the sales counter and over the phone
* Building relationships with customers
* Ability to use company computer system to enter orders
* Complete sales orders and tender cash sales
* Develop product knowledge to assist customers with purchases
* Cold-call prospects that are generated by external sources of lead
* Collaborate with Outside Sales Reps and Sales Managers to determine necessary strategic sales approaches
* Overcome objections of prospective customers
* Emphasize product/service features and benefits, quote prices, discuss credit terms, and prepare sales order forms and/or reports
* Ability to self-manage, show initiative and be proactive
* Communicate professionally, both verbally and in writing to coworkers and customers
* High School diploma or GED required, 4 year degree preferred
* Must be able to remain in stationary position 50%
* Frequently, will move about inside the office to access files, office machinery, etc.
* Must be able to operate basic office machinery
* Must be able to communicate with team and management and be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
* Constantly working in office environment
* Must be able to problem solve and prioritize tasks
* Must be able to manage stress depending on situations
* Must be able to multitask
* Must be able to receive and analyze information
* Must be able to quickly communicate solutions if problems occur
* Must be able to demonstrate a high degree of sound judgement
* Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability & Life Insurance
* Paid holidays & vacation days
This job description is subject to change at any time.
Launch your career with a national building materials distributor and discover opportunities for growth and advancement. Our people have the independence and authority to make a difference. We invest in relationships, and every person is important. Our highest priority is serving others. We passionately pursue a safe work environment along with a relentless focus on operational excellence. We believe you can never go wrong doing the right thing.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER..