Inspector / Packer 2/18/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Inspector/Packer
Graphic Packaging International, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Graphic Packaging Holding Company (NYSE: GPK), is committed to providing consumer packaging that makes a world of difference. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, we are a leading global provider of paper-based packaging solutions for a wide variety of products for food, beverage, foodservice and other consumer products companies. We are one of the largest producers of folding cartons and hold a leading market position in solid bleached sulfate, coated unbleached kraft and coated recycled paperboard. Graphic Packaging's customers include some of the most widely- recognized companies in the world.
We achieve our vision by delivering value to our customers, building a high-performance culture for our employees and creating superior returns for our shareholders. We strive to be an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in the communities where we operate. Graphic Packaging has approximately 17,000 employees working in more than 60 locations in North and South America, Europe and the Pacific Rim. We are committed to workplace diversity and offer compensation and benefit programs that are among the best in the industry to reward the talented people who make our company successful. We invite you to review the following employment opportunity and to learn more about us at www.graphicpkg.com.
Inspired Packaging. A World of Difference.
JOB TITLE: Inspector/Packer
HOURLY PAY RATE: $16.75 plus shift differential
WORK SCHEDULE: 12 Hour Continuous; 2/2/3 Schedule
Must be willing and able to work Nights and weekends
Ensure quality products by visually inspecting cartons and packing them based on customer specifications. Feed product into machines in an efficient manner in order to obtain production goals. Communicate with operators and other line inspectors as needed. In addition, perform and complete other work as assigned. All employees must follow all safety procedures and policies.
* Ability to review and perform quality checks for damage and non-conforming product
* Perform fast paced duties to ensure machines are fully loaded and properly operational
* Ensures new stock is delivered in a timely manner to keep the machine running and to watch for machine jams.
* Perform in-Process inspections by visually inspecting cartons as they are loaded into the machine.
* Assist the Operator in running quality cartons to customer specifications at the fastest possible speed.
* Visually inspect cartons before feeding to ensure that the proper item is being fed and that there are no noticeably defective cartons being fed.
* Perform checks for all defects, damaged cartons, and mixing. The Feeder should feed by die position whenever possible.
* Facilitate proper positioning of cartons in the feed hopper by fanning out or pre-breaking scores as necessary to ensure that cartons are being pulled through feed properly.
* Reports unsafe conditions to the Operator, Department Manager, or Management Team.
* Assist Operators during machine down time for clean-up and resolution
* Performs other related production duties as assigned
* High school diploma or equivalent preferred
* Ability to communicate clearly
* Excellent attendance, the ability to work in teams or alone, must be able to lift up to 40 pounds
At Graphic Packaging International (NYSE: GPK), we produce the box you may have poured your child's cereal from this morning, the microwaveable tray that heated your lunch, the paper cup that held your coffee throughout the day, and the carrier of those bottles of craft beer you may enjoy tonight! We're one of the largest manufacturers of paperboard and paper-based packaging for some of the world's most recognized brands of food, beverage, foodservice, household, personal care and pet care products. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, we are a team of collaborative, innovative, passionate individuals who are committed to providing consumer packaging that makes a world of difference.
With almost 18,000 employees working in more than 70 locations in North and South America, Europe and the Pacific Rim, we strive to be an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in the communities where we operate. We are committed to workplace diversity and offer compensation and benefits programs that are among the industry's best to reward the talented people who make our company successful.
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, we'd love to hear from you. Learn more about us at www.graphicpkg.com.
Inspired Packaging. A World of Difference.
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, religion, age, gender or sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic identity, genetic information, disability, veteran/military status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Click here to view the EEO is the Law Poster