Inspector packer 3rd shift 6/4/2020
Sonoco Products Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY You will like working for us as we have amazing people and a highly collaborative culture. Global success hasn t changed our tight-knit feel we ve simply grown into a larger, more diverse family. We have thousands of jobs around the globe and encourage all of our associates to chase their dreams without having to find them in another company it truly is a special place.
While reporting to the Converting Manager, you will be responsible for performing tasks necessary to provide high quality, efficient, timely shipment of Sonoco products. Excellent attendance is crucial for the team to achieve success. You must have a proven record of success in a fast-paced environment. You must have the ability to work with various teams and be an effective problem solver. You will take pride in your personal hands-on and analytical abilities, organizational skills and attention to detail.
Day to day responsibilities include:
* Reviews orders to ensure accurate production.
* Verifies sealers are on and in the closed position.
* Maintains rolls of strip and verifies correct placement.
* Completes accurate recording of beginning count and all other pertinent information.
* Verifies order accuracy and works with Set-Up associates to make adjustments.
* Makes minor adjustments: move the eye, adjust the wicket pins and holes, adjust edge guide to correct the lip and print, and other minor adjustments to minimize down time.
* Makes frequent inspections of bags to be certain that they are correct. On orders requiring inspections at designated intervals, performs and properly records all aspects of required inspections on Q. C. sheet.
* Makes and labels boxes showing all needed information (count per box, machine number, and side, etc.).
* Seals boxes as prescribed by the order and places on the conveyor.
* Completes End-of-Order procedure included production sheet.
* Keeps work area clean of debris and discarded plastic. Makes sure all loose pieces of tape, film, and strip are picked up around work area.
* Relays any pertinent information during shift change over.
* Assists with physical inventory as required by Team Leader.
* You will need to have basic math skills and the ability to read a tape measure or ruler
* Required to lift up to 50lb
We care about the health and wellness of you and your family. That is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package that makes it easier to manage your health and provide financial security for you and your family.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any legally protected characteristic.