Instructional Designer, Energy O&M, Energy - Field Service Management 5/2/2020
Las Vegas, NV
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The Role
As an Instructional Designer for the Infrastructure Service team, your purpose is to create instructional content and deliver training that support organizational key performance indicators. You will be required to design, develop, and deliver engaging, innovative, and effective training courses and curriculum. This includes new hire training, new process/product rollout trainings, leadership courses, and train the trainer materials. A wide degree of creativity and self-motivation is expected. Success and accomplishment drive you and you are known for your fresh thinking and ability to vigilantly view a situation from all perspectives.
* Partner directly with leadership and subject matter experts to design, develop, and deliver engaging content for a variety of audiences and delivery modes (online, webinar, etc.) with clear strategies and tactics to achieve desired learning outcomes
* Partner directly with leadership to design training materials that directly affect key performance indicators
* Must be creative and act as a liaison between technical and innovative groups to identify and solve gaps in training using methodical processes such as ADDIE
* Recommend to team different applications or layouts that would improve user experience in the current classes and trainings
* Deliver training
* Helps to set up training standards that can be used globally by different teams
* Work cross-functionally to design and develop classroom training, job aides, videos and self-directed e-learning courses using rapid e-learning tools such as Storyline, Rise, Camtasia, and Snag It that enable the end user to successfully learn correct use of systems and processes in relevance to their job.
* Maintain and revise existing learning content in our Learning Management System
* Develop strategies and resources to support deployment of information on process and product changes
* Able to work on several training development projects at once
* Bachelor s Degree or equivalent work experience required
* Required work or educational experience with technical and/or engineering concepts
* Open collaborative style; ability to work both in a team environment and autonomously with minimal supervision or direction
* Ability to be unfazed by ambiguity and comfortable in environments with shifting priorities
* Must be able to understand complex information and communicate the information to people with diverse professional backgrounds.
* High proficiency and expertise in Microsoft Office Suite, in particular PowerPoint and SharePoint are required
* Preferred experience using Storyline, Rise, Camtasia, and Snagit
* Preferred experience with learning and content management systems and platforms
* Understanding of adult learning theory and application
* Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal, and presentation skills with ability to successfully deliver and communicate complex technical training
* Proven time management and organizational skills
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.