Insurance & Risk Mgt Analyst 6/3/2020
Yale New Haven Health
New Haven, CT
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
The Treasury Departments Insurance and Risk Management unit is responsible for the assessment of potential risks to property, persons, and financial loss and determining if these risks can be mitigated through the purchase of appropriate levels of insurance to protect the Yale-New Haven Health System and its affiliates from loss related to unexpected or unintended events. Further, the unit is responsible for purchasing appropriate levels of insurance and coordinating claim activity on behalf of the System and its affiliates. Reporting to the Systems Insurance and Risk Manager, the Insurance and Risk Management Analyst is responsible for supporting all aspects of the Systems corporate insurance programs.
* 1. Maintaining current and accurate exposure schedules
* 2. Maintain current and accurate insurance policy files, schedules and premium allocations
* 3. Respond to certificate of insurance requests
* 4. Coordinate insurance policy renewal information and complete draft applications
* 5. Coordinate driver safety program
* 6. Request, edit and report quarterly workers compensation loss runs
* 7. Coordinate property and casualty claims
* 8. Maintain System Insurance and Risk Management Intranet Site
* 9. Other duties, as necessary, in order to support the Systems Insurance and Risk Management efforts and the Treasury Department.
A high school diploma is required. Insurance designations such as Certified Insurance Service Representative (CISR) Associate in General Insurance (AINS), Associate in Risk Management (ARM) or Certified Risk Manager (CRM) are preferred. An undergraduate degree in a finance related field is preferred.
Three to five years of related insurance and risk management experience working at an insurance company, insurance broker or a corporate insurance department. Candidates must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and strong attention to detail. The ability to work independently, to collaborate with other departments, and to think critically are required.
Valid drivers license and acceptable driving history required. Connecticut Property and Casualty Insurance Producer license preferred
Knowledge of the principles and practices of the risk management process, risk analysis, risk control, insurance, and claims processing. Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating system, Intermediate to advanced end -user skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint. Strong time management and analytical skills are required.