Intake Coordinator NPS
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 7/18/2019
END DATE 11/21/2019
The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
JOB DESCRIPTIONReq ID: 24263
Employment Status: AF - Active - Regular - Full Time
Children s Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) National Patient Services (NPS) Intake Coordinator serves as the initial contact for all new inquiries for domestic patients. The NPS Intake Coordinator may also serve international patient referrals when necessary. The NPS Intake Coordinator facilitates the process of access to excellent and timely pediatric health services for patients and families seeking care at CHOP. The NPS Intake Coordinator is a front line ambassador representing CHOP to all referring families, physicians, embassies, governmental health authority s, foundations and insurance companies. Culturally sensitive understanding/knowledge and superior customer service is required to support this patient population.
The NPS Intake Coordinator assists families through the new patient referral intake process and maintains effective communication until the process is complete. This role works closely with the National Patient Services clinical staff to determine urgency of care and identify clinical considerations for information needed for review of case. This process will be clearly communicated with referring parties to assist in their progression through the new patient intake process. Referring parties will be informed of the process which will be provided with excellent customer service and responsiveness to all questions. This role will be staffed to provide 24/7 coverage of new patient referrals.
1. Serves as Ambassador of CHOP
* Serves as a front-line ambassador for new patient inquiries.
* Answers all phone calls within 2 rings and triages appropriately to domestic or international team.
* Maintains excellent customer service by providing a warm welcome and support to all patient inquiries.
* Familiar with luminary/frontier programs at CHOP and shares information with caller as requested.
* Disseminates information about the process for new patient referrals seeking treatment at CHOP, aiding family understanding and helping to set expectations for timing of review.
* Responsible for receiving and processing new referrals from multiple sources. These referrals include self-pay, insurance and embassy.
* Strong understanding of the critical role this position plays in converting referrals to becoming patients at CHOP.
* Able to work independently, as well as a member of team, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
* Outstanding organizational skills and problem solving.
* Able to multitask in a fast paced environment.
2. Ensures proper registration process
* Ensures that all patients are registered completely and correctly in Epic and Salesforce.
* Ensures that all families and referring physicians contact information is entered timely and accurately in Salesforce and Epic.
* Completes all work and tasks within timelines as assigned by Supervisor.
* Maintains a solid understanding of new patient cases at all times.
* Clear understanding of the intake process, clinical review, financial clearance, and setting treatment plan with appointments.
* Knowledge of insurance verification and eligibility benefits.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (CONTINUED)
3. Ensures smooth and efficient Referral process
* Integral member of the team and works closely with access and clinical coordinators to evaluate/triage all incoming referrals.
* Able to answer a high volume of phone calls.
* Assists in handling phone triage to determine if caller is for domestic or international team.
* Able to triage/identify urgent new referrals to achieve timely clinical review.
* Conducts an efficient, structured and focused interview to help assess the clinical needs of the requester.
* Follows the standard office protocol on response time, turnaround time, and review of case standards per department Protocol.
* Comfortable with all aspects of working with new referral customers and referral streams.
* Able to work closely with Language Services as needed depending on preferred language of referral.
* Able to consistently provide follow-up on open leads/referrals, pending cases under review, and closing the loop on referrals not progressing to the opportunity stage.
* Works closely with leadership to identify trends, sources of new referrals, and clearly communicating these leads in a timely manner.
* Acts as a liaison between caller, physician, and office personnel to ensure a coordinated course of care for families.
* Proactively and independently follows up on projects and tasks.
4. Professional Development:
* Participates in activities and organizations to maintain knowledge of current trends, practices and developments.
5. Additional administrative tasks and duties:
* Data entry and efficient time management
* Distributes mail, prepares copies, faxes and other clerical tasks as assigned
* Typing skills
* Other duties as assigned
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (CONTINUED)
REQUIRED LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, REGISTRATIONS
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor s Degree
* At least two (2) years of experience related to health care, customer service or services for children and families
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & CERT/LIC
* Customer service background in a health care setting
* Experience with database entry and maintenance
* Experience with electronic medical record and scheduling system
ADDITIONAL TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS
* Excellent Oral and Written Communications skills, with attention to detail.
* Excellent telephone etiquette.
* High level of interpersonal skills and the ability to negotiate diplomatically.
* Excellent customer service and responsiveness.
* Fluency in secondary language is preferred.
* Able to work with confidential information.
* Medical terminology and comprehensive understanding of medical reports mandatory for work distribution.
* Able to work effectively with all departments and all levels of CHOP professionals as well as with new families and their representatives.
* Highly skilled with IS systems: Salesforce, Epic, Life Image, Microsoft Excel and Word, and Shared Drive.
* Must be very organized and able to work independently.
* Ability to coordinate and implement multiple tasks simultaneously.
* Culturally appropriate behavior, which includes dignity and respect.
* Ability to respond to families of diverse cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
* Ability to function efficiently and professionally with minimum supervision.
* Ability to identify problems and find effective solutions.
* Willingness to work day, evening and night shifts, weekends and holidays to provide 24/7 coverage and support.
All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Children\'s Hospital of Philadelphia is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for its patients, family members, visitors and employees. In an effort to achieve this goal, employment at Children\'s Hospital of Philadelphia, other than for positions with regularly scheduled hours in New Jersey, is contingent upon an attestation that the job applicant does not use tobacco products or nicotine in any form and a negative nicotine screen (the latter occurs after a job offer).
Children\'s Hospital of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor/Seeking priority referrals for protected veterans. Please