Intellectual Property Paralegal
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/21/2020
END DATE 10/8/2020
FMC Corporation is a leading specialty company focused on agricultural technologies. FMC provides innovative and cost-effective solutions to enhance crop yield and quality by controlling a broad spectrum of insects, weeds and disease, as well as in non-agricultural markets for pest control.
FMC is a globally diverse organization that offers its employees exciting opportunities to work on challenging projects that are important to the achievement of our strategic objectives. Your education and professional experience are valued and put to use from day one. Your success at completing key initiatives can result in a varied, progressive and fulfilling career with FMC.
With a corporate culture of innovation, integrity, responsibility and customer intimacy, we foster The Right Chemistry in everything we do. We are looking for people to join us in creating, developing, and improving our products, our processes, and our markets. If you are ready to make a difference every day, FMC is ready to talk to you.
This position is part of an integrated IP paralegal group that supports the management of FMC Corporation s global IP portfolio. The group is an essential part of the IP legal team. The IP Paralegal s responsibilities will focus on patent matters and include docketing; preparing, attending to formalities and filing common patent prosecution documents; maintaining the Intellectual Property database; liaising with IP firms worldwide, and supporting payment of patent annuities. In addition, the IP Paralegal will provide assistance with conducting trademark searches, filing trademark applications with the USPTO and supporting the trademark docketing function when necessary.
* Provide support related to patent docketing of mail and Email communication with the USPTO, patent offices worldwide, agents worldwide, and clients, then routing the communication to the appropriate attorney and/or paralegal for action;
* Maintain the integrity of the Intellectual Property database;
* Monitor all due dates to ensure all deadlines are timely met;
* Ensure all patent annuity payments have been made;
* Attend to formalities and file common patent prosecution documents for filing with the USPTO and other patent offices worldwide, including original national and PCT patent filing forms, missing parts responses, information disclosure statements, assignment documents and formal office action responses for attorneys;
* Review and approve certain agent and vendor invoices;
* Support acquisition and divestiture activity; and
* Perform special projects and other related duties as assigned or requested.
* Bachelor s degree prefered
* Paralegal Certificate from an ABA approved institution required.
* Must have a minimum of five (5) years experience working in an Intellectual Property legal environment, and prior patent docketing experience required;
* Must have experience with patent prosecution and maintenance in countries throughout the world;
* Solid, demonstrated verbal and written communication skills;
* Trademark docketing experience a plus;
* Excellent team and interpersonal skills; and
* Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office, Outlook and various document control and database systems, preferably CPi.
* Advanced knowledge of PTO rules and procedures and the ability to anticipate actions;
* Must be committed to keeping abreast of changes in PTO rules and procedures;
* Highly organized, detail oriented and able to follow through on assignments;
* Must be flexible in order to respond quickly and positively to shifting demands and opportunities;
* Ability to share his/her knowledge with others, while maintaining strict levels of confidentiality;
* Demonstrated ability to work successfully with business persons and with other departments to advance organizational goals;
* Ability to be a proactive, self-starter, who understands the details within a much larger context;
* Ability to work under tight deadlines and handle multiple, detailed tasks;
* Ability to plan, organize and carryout multiple related activities;
* Ability to work effectively in a culturally and educationally diverse environment;
* Ability to work well both independently and in a team; and
* A confident, but flexible disposition.
At FMC, diversity and inclusion are in our DNA. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to creating an inclusive workplace where all employees can thrive regardless of race, gender, sex, pregnancy, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, color, age, religion or religious creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. FMC also supports employee participation in company employee resource groups that celebrate the diverse backgrounds of our workforce by providing communities for employees to connect with each other and raise awareness throughout FMC.