Intermediate Remote Sensing Scientist / Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 5/22/2020
END DATE 6/19/2020
Frontier Technology Inc.
Stony Brook, NY
Frontier Technology, Inc. is seeking a Physical Scientist to support existing contracts in the Beverly, MA area. Frontier Technology, Inc. s Sensor and Data Services group is a collaborative team of scientists working with space-based imaging and non-imaging EO-IR sensors. We have extensive experience in sensor requirements definition, sensor design, sensor calibration, data analysis, radiometric performance validation, physics-based and phenomenological simulation tools, and data management.
As a physical scientist, you will work as part of a team of scientific analysts and software developers to develop novel approaches to object identification and tracking in image data, as well as inferring object characteristics or automatically identifying anomalies in telemetry data. You will be responsible for overseeing the development of these novel approaches end-to-end, from conception, to prototyping and testing approaches, to reporting on results and guiding the development of deployable software. You will be working in a team that is responsible for sensor calibration, simulation of real sensor systems, systems engineering, and automation of data management. Additional responsibilities include:
* Developing algorithms associated with image processing, coordinate transformation, sensor calibration, data simulation and modeling, astrometry, and software toolchain automation.
* Perform analysis of sensor data, simulated systems and algorithms.
* Work with other scientists on the team collaboratively to complete algorithm development or analysis tasks.
* Interface with software developers on the team to define software requirements and guide software implementation.
* Interface with customers to brief work and define tasking.
Required Education and Experience:
* PhD in Astronomy, Physics, Applied Mathematics, or a related discipline.
* Practical knowledge of telescopes and optical systems, including observation planning or mission design.
* Strong technical background in astronomy or remote sensing.
* Experience with standard data analysis and reduction procedures.
* Strong foundation in mathematics. Experience with the application of statistical concepts and techniques to data preferred.
* Scientific programming competency in Python or MATLAB
* Excellent communication skills, with emphasis on the ability to communicate technical results to non-technical audiences (such as customers).
* Must be a U.S. Citizen and able to obtain/maintain a U.S. government security clearance.
* This position will require minimal travel.
* Optical signatures modeling.
* EO/IR detector science.
* Machine learning or statistical inference.
* Multi-scale modeling, first principles and phenomenological simulation of physical systems.
* Technical work on a sensor program.
FTI is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class..