Intern / Co-Op - Civil / Geotechnical Engineering
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 2/13/2020
END DATE 2/19/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONLooking for a place to start your career? A place where you can work with industry recognized professionals who are solving tough engineering problems? Geosyntec is the place for you! As an Intern / Co-Op - Civil / Geotechnical Engineering working during the summer of 2020 in our Kennesaw, Georgia office, you will have the opportunity to apply your engineering (civil, geotechnical, environmental, and water resources) academic knowledge to real-world situations while also learning the business skills needed for a successful consulting career.
Ranked by ENR in the top 20 design firms for the environment, Geosyntec is internationally known for its technical leadership, broad experience, and exceptional client service. Learn more by visiting www.geosyntec.com.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
This opening is for a 40-hour per week position and part-time employment will not be considered. It is preferable to have a co-op candidate who could return to the position for up to two additional summer/summer rotations during their undergraduate or graduate studies. Candidates are responsible for coordinating their own transportation to and from the office.
Job responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
* Assist with engineering calculations using computer-based technical tools;
* Technical writing of reports, letters, memoranda, plans, specifications, and proposals;
* Data input and analysis, including preparing maps, tables, and figures;
* Follow instructions and interact with engineers, geologists, office administrative staff, CADD operators (draftsmen), contractors and construction personnel; and
* Potential for fieldwork ( 10%) such as soil and groundwater sampling, stormwater inspections, and drilling and contractor oversight.
* Currently registered in a Bachelor's or Master's university degree program with a preferred focus or interest in civil and geotechnical engineering. (required)
* Experience with ArcView, CADD, and/or Microsoft Office. (preferred)
* The candidate must possess outstanding academic credentials and exceptional technical writing, and problem-solving skills. (required)
* Valid U.S. driver's license and satisfactory driving record for travel to project sites. (required)
WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO BE SUCCESSFUL AT GEOSYNTEC?
Geosyntec strives to hire and retain the best and brightest people in their fields. We look for exceptional interpersonal skills, communication skills, and problem-solving abilities, plus the passion for technical excellence and quality. We seek individuals with leadership potential, a commitment to lifelong learning and growth, and the desire to build a long and rewarding career with a growing Firm.
WHY CHOOSE GEOSYNTEC?
Geosyntec is a great place to build a career. If you're looking for an exciting place to work, a place with challenging and rewarding projects, and a place that has been nationally recognized for its employees' quality of life, technical expertise, and business success, then Geosyntec may be the place for you. You can learn more about careers and employment at Geosyntec by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/.
REQ NO: INTER02324
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c).