Intern: QA Software Engineer 1/10/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Intern: QA Software Engineer
PLEASE NOTE THAT OUR INTERNSHIPS RUN IN PERPETUITY THROUGHOUT A STUDENTS DEGREE PROGRAM, THEREFORE YOU MUST LIVE WITHIN COMMUTING DISTANCE TO OUR PROVO OFFICES YEAR ROUND. THE HOURS VARY DEPENDING ON A STUDENTS SCHEDULE AND ARE FULL TIME WHEN CLASSES ARE NOT IN SESSION. YOU MUST BE ENROLLED IN A DEGREE PROGRAM TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR AN INTERNSHIP.
This position will reside as an Intern in the Voltage SecureData Engineering Department. This is a great opportunity for the individual looking to get involved with cutting edge technology in the data security business. The primary responsibility will be assisting engineers in their testing and configuration of both software and hardware. They will need to have an understanding of both Linux and Windows Administration as well experience with Virtualization.
Installing servers and client workstations. Executing manual test cases, writing basic automation tests, setting up lab configurations, as well as writing and logging problem reports. The candidate should also be able to set up various network configurations. The candidate must be capable of evaluating the quality of an individual product component, be an effective communicator and a problem-solver, and work under a low level of supervision.
* Working towards degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Electrical Engineering or other technical field
* Basic knowledge of Linux and Windows administration
* PC architecture knowledge and troubleshooting experience
* Basic programming skills in Java and scripting languages
* Familiar with networking equipment including: switches, routers, cabling, etc.
* Ability to prioritize tasks and manage time efficiently
* High level of initiative and self-motivation
Will have the opportunity to work with the following technologies:
* Robt Framework
* Docker Containers
* Bash Scripts
MICRO FOCUS IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. PROSPECTIVE EMPLOYEES WILL RECEIVE CONSIDERATION WITHOUT DISCRIMINATION BECAUSE OF RACE, COLOUR, RELIGION, CREED, GENDER, NATIONAL ORIGIN, AGE, DISABILITY, MARITAL OR VETERAN STATUS, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENETIC INFORMATION, CITIZENSHIP OR ANY OTHER LEGALLY PROTECTED STATUS