Intern: System Test QA Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 12/11/2019
END DATE 2/1/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONIntern: System Test QA Engineer
PLEASE NOTE THAT OUR INTERNSHIPS RUN IN PERPETUITY THROUGHOUT A STUDENTS DEGREE PROGRAM, THEREFORE YOU MUST LIVE WITHIN COMMUTING DISTANCE TO OUR PROVO OFFICE YEAR ROUND. THE HOURS VARY DEPENDING ON A STUDENTS SCHEDULE AND ARE FULL TIME WHEN CLASSES ARE NOT IN SESSION. YOU MUST BE ENROLLED IN A DEGREE PROGRAM TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR AN INTERNSHIP.
At Micro Focus, everything we do is based on a simple idea: The fastest way to get results is to build on what you have. Our software solutions enable organizations to do just that. Secure and scalable, with analytics built in, they bridge the gap between existing and emerging IT fast-tracking digital transformations across DevOps, Hybrid IT, Security, and Predictive Analytics. In the race to innovate, Micro Focus customers have the clear advantage.
Our portfolio spans the following areas:
DevOps | IT Operations| Cloud | Security | Info Governance | Big Data, Machine Learning, & Analytics
THIS POSITION WILL RESIDE AS A QA SOFTWARE ENGINEER IN THE IDENTITY AND ACCESS MANAGEMENT ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT. This is a great opportunity for the individual looking to get involved with cutting edge technology in the Cloud Computing, Identity, and Access business. The primary responsibility will be assisting engineers in their testing and configuration of both software and hardware.
* Executing system test cases for performance and stress testing
* Evaluate the quality of an individual product component
* Setting up lab configurations,
* Installing servers and client workstations.
* Set up various network configurations.
* Working towards degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Electrical Engineering, or other technical field.
* Basic programming skills in Java and scripting languages
* Basic knowledge of Linux and Windows administration
* PC architecture knowledge and troubleshooting experience
* Familiar with networking equipment including: switches, routers, cabling, etc
* Ability to quickly learn new technologies
* Ability to work independently as well as on a team
* Ability to take direction and complete assigned tasks
* Ability to prioritize tasks and manage time efficiently
* High level of initiative and self-motivation
MICRO FOCUS IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. PROSPECTIVE EMPLOYEES WILL RECEIVE CONSIDERATION WITHOUT DISCRIMINATION BECAUSE OF RACE, COLOUR, RELIGION, CREED, GENDER, NATIONAL ORIGIN, AGE, DISABILITY, MARITAL OR VETERAN STATUS, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENETIC INFORMATION, CITIZENSHIP OR ANY OTHER LEGALLY PROTECTED STATUS