Interprofessional Education Intern - Winter 2021
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2020
END DATE 10/3/2020
Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation
Grand Rapids, MI
JOB DESCRIPTIONWe have the great privilege of helping patients and families re-build their lives. It's extraordinarily meaningful work and the reason we greet the day with optimism and anticipation. When patients "Ask for Mary," they experience a culture that has been sculpted for more than a century. Our hallmark is to carefully listen to patients and innovatively serve them. This is true of every employee, from support staff and leadership, to clinicians and care providers.
Mary Free Bed is a not-for-profit, nationally accredited rehabilitation hospital serving thousands of children and adults each year through inpatient, outpatient, sub-acute rehabilitation, orthotics and prosthetics and home and community programs. With the most comprehensive rehabilitation services in Michigan and an exclusive focus on rehabilitation, Mary Free Bed physicians, nurses and therapists help our patients achieve outstanding clinical outcomes. The growing Mary Free Bed Network provides patients throughout the state with access to our unique standard of care.
Restoring hope and freedom through rehabilitation.
Provides support to the Interprofessional Education Teams on daily tasks and projects, which will give the intern gainful experience in the Hospital Administration and the Interprofessional Education fields.
* FOCUS ON PATIENT CARE. A selfless drive to serve and heal connects all MFB employees.
* CLINICAL VARIETY AND CHALLENGE. An inter-disciplinary approach and a top team of professionals create ever-changing opportunities and activities.
* FAMILY CULTURE. We offer the stability of a large organization while nurturing the family/team atmosphere of a small organization.
* TRUST IN EACH OTHER. Each employee knows that his/her co-workers can be trusted to make the right decision for our family, patients, staff and community.
* A PROUD TRADITION. Years of dedicated, quality service to our patients and community have yielded a reputation that fills our employees with pride.
This is an unpaid internship with variable hours and a variety of learning opportunities.
ESSENTIAL INTERN FUNCTIONS:
The Interprofessional Education internship will be tailored to match the intern's skills and help in developing new skills in the hospital administration field. A sampling of job assignments and projects are listed below and is not inclusive of all possible tasks assigned to the intern.
* Professional Development Education:
* Involved in onboarding of allied health students, nursing students, medical students and residents
* Assist with coordinating education activities, conferences and workshops
* Process education events including but not limited to; verification of attendance and completion of requirements to grant CE, generating and distributing continuing education certificates and data tracking for department reporting purposes
* Other administrative tasks as assigned
* Inter-Professional Clinical Education:
* Provides administrative support for educational offerings and events
* Assists with developing and formatting standardized Inter-Professional materials
* Complete hand hygiene observations throughout the hospital
* Complete observations for appropriate cleaning of therapy equipment between patients
* Perform unit inspections: crash carts, expiration dates, correct storage, neatness of utility rooms and storage areas, cleanliness of medication refrigerators, etc.
CUSTOMER SERVICE RESPONSIBILITIES:
Demonstrates excellent customer service behaviors consistent with organizational and departmental standards. Consistently promotes teamwork and direct communication with co-workers. Deals discretely and sensitively with confidential information.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY AND INCLUSION:
Mary Free Bed values diversity and inclusion among patients, families and staff. We strive to hire people who reflect the communities we serve. Our employees will serve all patients, families and each other with dignity and respect.
ESSENTIAL INTERN QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION, AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS):
* Completed course work with an emphasis in the healthcare field. Student should be a junior or senior level.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, etc.
* Ability to create graphs, forms and databases and summarize results.
* Ability to demonstrate initiative and responsibility, perform multiple tasks, attend to detail, meet deadlines, adapt quickly to changes, and respond well to feedback.
* Strong communication skills (verbal and writing)
* Good interpersonal and telephone skills.
* Physical Demands: Able to exert up to 10 pounds of force occasionally (up to 1/3 of the time); able to lift, carry, push, pull, up to 10 pounds occasionally; able to sit for the majority of the time, but may involve brief periods of time involving walking or standing; able to use keyboard frequently (1/3 to 2/3 of the time)
Director of Interprofessional Education/Director of Education.
20-40 hours per week for a 10-15 week period. Actual hours and duration of internship will be determined at the time of position being awarded.
IF YOU REQUIRE A REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THIS POSITION, YOU MUST REQUEST ACCOMMODATION IN WRITING, WITHIN 182 DAYS AFTER YOU KNOW OR SHOULD KNOW OF THE NEED FOR ACCOMMODATION.
Mary Free Bed is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or other legally protected characteristic.