IOP Physician 6/5/2020
Yale New Haven Health
New London, CT
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW
IOP Physician - New London, CT
To provide professional mental health services to patients and their families or significant others at all levels of care and locations required to meet community needs. Oversees IOP services under the direction of the Chair of Psychiatry and in collaboration with NEMG operations and Lawrence and Memorial Hospital. Works with the Chair of Psychiatry and the Nurse Manager for Psychiatry to ensure quality patient care services are provided in the IOP. Routinely provides clinical care in the IOP and provides clinical care elsewhere in the Department when directed by the Chair of Psychiatry.
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
* 1. Supervisory Responsibilities
* 1.1 Provides clinical oversight for psychiatric clinicians in the Intensive Outpatient Program
* 2. Clinical Responsibilities
* 2.1 Participates in patient assessment prior to and upon completion of treatment.
* 3. Intensive Outpatient Program
* 3.1 Provides clinical care and management of a caseload of patients who, due to the severity of their illness, require intensive outpatient treatment. These patients are typically in a phase of treatment preceded by an inpatient stay or emergency department visit or require intensive outpatient treatment to avoid inpatient hospitalization. Patients may be participating in different treatment tracks including traditional and dual-diagnosis treatment.
Doctorate in Medicine/Psychiatry
Experience in Behavioral Health is desirable. Board Certified physician, intensive outpatient experience preferred. EPIC experience preferred