Irasburg CDL Driver 2/5/2020
Dairy Farmers of America
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY $2,500 Sign on bonus!!
Utilizing DFA tractor and trailer, transports raw milk from farm to processing plant or trucking terminal.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Operates a commercial motor vehicle in compliance with DOT and DFA rules, regulations and policies adhering to all safety practices
* Following dispatch schedule and directions from dispatch and location supervisory personnel, travels to location to transport raw milk
* Transfers raw milk from farm containers to trailer
* Takes quality and control samples at farm
* Measures milk loaded into trailer
* Follows designated routes and schedules unless otherwise directed by supervisory personnel
* Takes measures to minimize truck idle times and conserve fuel consumption
* Maintains positive communications with producers, listens for issues or potential problems, reports producers' comments to transportation and member services management
* Represents DFA positively and professionally at all times during interactions with producers, customers, or regulatory personnel
Education and Experience
* High School Diploma or GED
* Must have a current CDL (Class A) in state of residence. Must have, or be able to obtain, a tanker endorsement.
* Must have at least 2 years of tractor/trailer experience to be considered. 2 years of tractor/trailer experience within the last 5 years is preferred.
* Must be at least 23 years of age.
* Must meet all DOT requirements.
* DFA will not consider applicants that have more than 1 chargeable or preventable motor vehicle accident within the year preceding the date of application.
* DFA will not consider applicants that have more than 1 conviction for violations of motor vehicle laws (other than violations involving parking only) within the year preceding the date of application.
* DFA will not consider applicants who have incurred a DUI or drug and/or alcohol related convictions during the 7 year period preceding the date of application.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Ability to communicate effectively in the English language both orally and in writing
* Ability to write neatly and legibly
* Basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division)
* Ability to read and record accurate volume and weight measurements
* Good organization and record keeping skills
Pay and Benefit:
* Competitive pay
* Quarterly bonuses
* 401k Employer Match
* Generous vacation
* Rotating Schedules -- return home daily
* And more...