IT Business Applications Manager 8/22/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY About the Job
The IT Business Applications Manager position leads Dudek s IT Business Group (ITBG) and is responsible for the development and execution of the overall strategy for Dudek s applications and data management. This includes providing the technical vision and architecture of Dudek s core applications and data platforms.
This role is responsible for the oversight of ITBG project deliverables as well as day-to-day support functions.
Duties and Responsibilities
STRATEGY & PLANNING
* Partnering with the CIO and business partners, responsible for maintaining an application and data roadmap that ensures the delivery of highly effective solutions that support current and future business needs.
* Responsible for identifying and acting on opportunities for internal and external facing process improvement, process mapping and related documentation, communication of new processes to applicable stakeholders and identification of appropriate automation and process technology to support further improvement within the environment.
* Participates in the development of appropriate actionable plans, including the definition of new and/or improvement of existing processes. This includes detailed tactical steps to drive the changes desired with clearly defined success criteria.
* Tracks and communicates cost information related to our application and data management portfolio, compiling the needed financial data for consideration during planning. Recommends financial improvements/efficiencies internal to IT as well as the business use of technology for our clients.
* Conducts research and pilots emerging products, services, and new operating methodologies in order to establish and maintain a relevant IT roadmap.
* Responsible for working with IT Infrastructure and IT Service Delivery teams, as well as our key staff in the business in the development of the end-user technology roadmap.
* Provides leadership and management to the team, ensuring that appropriate skilled resources are in place to meet project objectives and service level requirements.
* Responsible for hiring IT Business Group staff as well as mentoring staff within the group.
* Evaluates staff performance for purposes of delivering performance evaluations.
* Educates our staff on technology capabilities; fosters technical innovation within the business; provides input into business development opportunities as it relates to utilizing existing or new technology capabilities.
* Oversees the allocation of ITBG resources, balancing the delivery of ITBG project milestones with timely and effective resolution of operational issues and requests.
* Ensures that processes and standards are defined, understood, and adhered to within the group.
* Oversees the day-to-day administration of applicable applications and services.
* Adheres to an approach of continuous process improvement within the group.
* Actively manage and evaluate managed service partners for development and support tasks.
* Responsible for Systems Architecture, including data systems design, implementation and ongoing maintenance and tuning.
* Working closely with the IT Operations team, responsible for ensuring systems are properly maintained to meet availability and performance objectives.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
* On-time and on-budget delivery of ITBG project milestones
* Time to resolution of incidents statistics
* Availability of IT core applications and services
* 3+ years management/supervisory experience, with 15+ years of overall relevant IT experience.
* Demonstrated depth and breadth in systems architecture, data management and application support functions, including, but not limited to:
* DBMS (database management systems)
* ERP systems (enterprise resource planning) / Cost Accounting systems
* CRM systems (customer relationship management)
* Integration platforms (COTS, open source)
* BI platforms (business intelligence)
* Modern scripting languages and automation technology
* Experience with establishing and continuously improving IT and business processes.
* Experience with the system development lifecycle framework.
* Experience with managing relationships with managed service providers, staffing agencies and other 3rd parties and vendors.
* Experience working closely with IT business partners in developing project and service requirements.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
* Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
* Solid relationship management skills.
* Ability to motivate, develop, and lead team members.
* Strong customer service orientation.
* Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
* Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
* Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on listening and questioning skills.
* Ability to conduct research into issues and products as required.
* Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
* Ability to articulate technical issues to non-technical staff and/or business leadership.
* Ability to translate business needs and pain points to technical requirements.
* Highly self-motivated and directed.
* Team-oriented and skilled in working within a collaborative environment.
* College degree in the field of computer science or similar and/or 2-year associate degree in a Technical Field and/or a combined year equivalent work experience.
* Minimal travel may be required
* Availability during non-core business hours (nights/weekends)
Dudek is a leading California-based environmental and engineering firm that helps public and private clients plan and implement reliable, effective, and compliant projects. Founded in 1980, Dudek is a stable company that has grown steadily to more than 600 professionals across the U.S., located primarily in offices in California, Hawai i, and Oregon.
As an employee-owned company, Dudek s culture rewards smart, productive team members with professional and financial benefits. Our offices are designed to encourage collaboration, sustainability, and connectivity with the surrounding communities.
Please visit www.dudek.com to learn more!
Dudek is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by applicable law.