IT Manager, Enterprise Storage
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 5/2/2020
END DATE 7/3/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONCompany: Ansys
Ansys is the global leader in engineering simulation, helping the world's most innovative companies deliver radically better products to their customers. By offering the best and broadest portfolio of engineering simulation software, Ansys helps companies solve the most complex design challenges and engineer products limited only by imagination.
The IT Manager of Enterprise Storage will be responsible for the Global Strategic Planning and Administration oversight of the Ansys on-premise and cloud storage environments. Responsibilities of this position would include the planning, design, implementation, management and integrity of the various storage environments.
* Global lead across Ansys in storage management technologies, policies and practices
* Establishes, promotes and enforces the standards and industry best practices, for the Ansys Storage Environment, around configuration, operations, backup, DR and security necessary to ensure continuous availability, data integrity and performance.
* Design, implement and support high-availability, high-performing and scale-able heterogeneous storage environment(s)
* Creates short and long-term storage roadmaps based on an understanding of the strategic organizational requirements and technology alternatives
* Leads by example in managing and monitoring enterprise level storage environments within Ansys
* Ensure ongoing evolution of the storage/backup platforms to support business requirements and align with the corporate IT strategy
* Bachelor s degree in computer science, information technology, or related field
* Minimum of 7 years of experience with technical design and configuration of storage systems and technologies
* Extensive knowledge of Hyperconverged/SAN/NAS/Cloud Storage Architectures
* Ability to time manage and simultaneously manage multiple projects of varying sizes and degrees of complexity
* Familiarity with Industry Standard storage applications and technologies
* Advanced level of knowledge on storage concepts, architecture, components, protocols, technologies and methods.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with management, IT professionals and vendors.
* Must be self-motivated, results-oriented, and able to operate independently
* Knowledge of the following storage technologies, EMC (Isilon, VNX, Unity, VXflex) ,VSAN, Lustre and NetApp storage technologies, including Software defined storage and hyperconverged
* Experience with VMware Technologies and other virtualization technologies
* Experience in Windows and Linux operating systems
* Strong communication and presentation skills are preferred
* Ability to travel internationally as needed
* Strong technical troubleshooting skills
CULTURE AND VALUES
Culture and values are incredibly important to Ansys. They inform us of who we are, of how we act. Values aren't posters hanging on a wall or about trite or glib slogans. They aren't about rules and regulations. They can't just be handed down the organization. They are shared beliefs guideposts that we all follow when we're facing a challenge or a decision. Our values tell us how we live our lives; how we approach our jobs. Our values are crucial for fostering a culture of winning for our company:
* Customer focus
* Results and Accountability
* Transparency and Integrity
* Sense of urgency
* Collaboration and Teamwork
WORKING AT ANSYS
At Ansys, you will find yourself among the sharpest minds and most visionary of leaders, collectively aiming to change the world with innovative technology and remarkable solutions. With the prestigious reputation in servicing well-known, world-class companies, standards at Ansys are high, met by those willing to rise to the occasion and meet those challenges head-on. Because at Ansys, it s about the learning, the discovery and the collaboration. It s about the what s next as much as the mission accomplished . It s about the melding of disciplined intellect with strategic direction and results that have, can and will impact real people in real ways, forged within a working environment built on respect, autonomy and ethics.
At Ansys, you will find yourself among those eager to drive the world towards the next best thing with hands planted firmly on the wheel.
Our team is passionate about pushing the limits of world-class simulation technology so our customers can turn their design concepts into successful, innovative products faster and at lower cost. As a measure of our success in attaining these goals, Ansys has been recognized as one of the world's most innovative companies by prestigious publications such as Bloomberg Businessweek and FORTUNE magazines.
Ansys is an S&P 500 company and a component of the NASDAQ-100.
For more information, please visit us at www.ansys.com
Ansys is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Ansys does not accept unsolicited referrals for vacancies, and any unsolicited referral will become the property of Ansys. Upon hire, no fee will be owed to the agency, person, or entity.
Nearest Major Market: Pittsburgh