IT Program Manager 8/21/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY BUSINESS UNIT:
Cubic Transportation Systems
Cubic offers an opportunity to provide innovative technology for government and commercial customers around the globe, helping to solve their future problems today. We re the leading integrator of payment and information technology and services for intelligent travel solutions worldwide, and the leading provider of realistic combat training systems, secure communications and networking and highly specialized support services for military and security forces of the U.S. and allied nations. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and thrive in an innovative environment, we want to talk to you about your next role at Cubic! We are seeking employees inspired by technology, and motivated by the rewards of hard work, commitment, teamwork, quality, integrity, and respect. We invite you to explore opportunities with Cubic.
JOB SUMMARY: Provide complex expertise, business development and proposal management support on all assigned projects. Responsible for managing technical work, budgets, schedules, client management, and oversight of the successful work, of a multi-disciplinary technical team. This position typically works under limited supervision and direction. Incumbents of this position will regularly exercise discretionary and substantial decision-making authority.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Responsible for proposal, pricing, and Statement of Work (SOW) development
* Create Program Integrated Management Plan containing events, accomplishments, and criteria
* Serve as the prime point of contact for projects with customer, senior management, and functional management
* Control project risk through team identification of risk, risk quantification, and develop risk mitigation strategies
* Create staffing profiles, schedules and budgets in support of the project execution and profit goals
* Support negotiations as required with the customer
* Conduct regular program evaluation and review meetings to identify current and future problems and initiate actions for their resolution
* Arrange and attend all customer meetings
* Interface with customer on technical issues, scheduling, and cost and respond to all customer technical and operational questions with appropriate assistance from functional organizations
* Prepare and submit progress reports to higher management and to the customer when required
* Maintain regular liaison with all proposal/program contributors to ensure the necessary level of communication is in place to assure realization of their commitments
* Approve and monitor major purchase orders and subcontracts
* Approve make/buy decisions
* Monitor and evaluate subcontractors performance to ensure cost, technical, and schedule requirements are met
* Monitor and ensure the control of product quality and configuration
* Ensure that all contract deliverables and services are properly delivered to the customer for acceptance within the contractual schedule
* Verify timely invoicing of all completed Contract Line Item Number
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Four year college degree, or equivalent, in Engineering or Business Operations or other related field, plus eight years of experience. PMP Certification desired. Strong background with Earned Value Management and prior P&L responsibility. Must be able to deal effectively with a wide variety of departmental issues. Must have strong organizational and interpersonal skills. Must communicate effectively, both verbally and in written form. Requires strong team building and multi-tasking skills. Must be a pro-active leader who is decisive and action-oriented. Domestic and international travel may be required.
The description provided above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities, and requirements. Duties, responsibilities and requirements may change over time and according to business needs.
Cubic is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, We are committed to ensuring a workplace free of discrimination based on race, color, religion, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, military or veteran status, and any other basis protected by applicable law