IT Project Manager I
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 1/5/2020
END DATE 1/8/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONWhat We're Looking for:
Project Managers are responsible for coordinating internal and external resources for the streamlined execution of technology and IT construction projects. They understand the work that needs to be done, coordinate cross-team collaboration, and proactively identify risks and work to address them.
This position will report into 2U's new Practice organization, a team dedicated to promoting excellence in project execution.
Essential functions - Responsibilities, Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Ensuring all project activities are completed on schedule
- Facilitating interaction and coordination across teams (e.g., IT Infrastructure, Cybersecurity, Operations)
- Independently flagging risks, troubleshooting and resolving them before they turn into issues wherever possible and escalating when not possible
- Tracking team utilization; anticipating new resource needs or capacity shortfalls
Things That Should Be in Your Background:
- Demonstrated success leading complex efforts
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, exhibiting professionalism in both internal and external documentation
- Experience managing multiple projects and relationships, including working with challenging stakeholders
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 1 or more years experience as a Project Coordinator or Assistant Project Manager
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Formal understanding of Project Management conventions and techniques, including managing to a detailed schedule or backlog of work
- Conversant with Agile project frameworks (e.g., Scrum, Lean)
- Previous experience managing personnel or leading a team
- Previous experience leading a project or initiative
Other Attributes That Will Help You in This Role:
- Motivated self starter who is keen to hit the ground running
- An ability to navigate complex environments with many moving pieces
- Ability to think on-your-feet with an eye and ear for detail
- An ability to motivate people around shared goals
- A commitment to continuous improvement in process
- Negotiation & creative problem-solving
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
Eliminating the back row in higher education is not just a metaphor - it's our mission. For more than a decade, 2U, Inc., a global leader in education technology, has been a trusted partner and brand steward of great universities. We build, deliver, and support more than 250 digital and in-person educational offerings, including graduate degrees, professional certificates, Trilogy-powered boot camps, and GetSmarter short courses. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 150,000 students and lifelong learners. To learn more, visit ******. #NoBackRow
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Why It's Great to Work at 2U
2U offers a high-energy work environment that's both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with snacks and seltzer.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Generous paid leave policies including unlimited PTO for your vacation, personal, or sick days
- Additional time off benefits include:
- time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
- parental leave after 9 months of employment
- holidays that include a winter break from Christmas through New Year and more!
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans' status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U's equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.