IT Security Analyst IV 6/12/2019
Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The IT Security Analyst IV is a lead security analyst within IT Security Governance. The Analyst will:
* Design work flow diagrams showing the production of, transmission and use of electronic Protected Health Information (ePHI) and other sensitive information.
* Provide guidance and direction regarding security control elements in policies throughout the organization.
* Document relevant business processes and their implications on information security.
* Develop information security risk identification, tracking and mitigation processes strategy and methodology.
* Develop the information security awareness, training and education program-s strategy and methodology.
* Facilitate or lead development of accurate and relevant information security process and operational metrics.
* Establish monitoring measures to detect and ensure correction of security breaches and policy violations.
* Proactively keep current on information security issues related to business processes as input into departmental policies and procedures.
* Analyze and enhance the effectiveness of the Enterprise wide information security program.
* Provide guidance and direction regarding compliance and security control elements for security policy exception requests throughout the organization.
* Evaluate and approvedeny ICSO policy exception requests based on impact to legalregulatory requirements and confidentialityintegrity of data.
* Understand relevant business processes and their implications on information security, as well document and create work flow diagrams showing the production of, transmission and use of electronic Protected Health Information (ePHI) and other sensitive information.
* Collaborate with management and project teams to help ensure that IT is aware of IT policies and HIPAA compliance requirement.
* Requires Bachelor's degree, preferably in Computer Science, from an accredited college or university.
* Prefers advanced degree in Information Security, Computer Science or related field.
* 5 years prior IT security related work experience.
Additional licensing, certifications, registrations:
* Strongly prefers one or more of the following certifications: CISSP, SANS GIAC or CISA.
* Requires an excellent understanding of IT security concepts with an emphasis on Security and Risk Assessment.
* Requires excellent knowledge of IT and computer systems.
* Requires excellent understanding of internal and external audit process. (e.g. SOC II Type II, HITRUST, HIPAA)
* Requires in-depth understanding of Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), encryption, network security controls tools and functionalities.
* Requires demonstrated proficiency in applying HIPAA security rules and National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) standards.
* Requires demonstrated proficiency in applying Identity Management (IDM) concepts.
Skills and Abilities:
* Requires exceptional analytical thinking skills.
* Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Requires excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with others as a team.
* Requires excellent PC skills and demonstrated proficiency with MS Office Suite.
* Requires the ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize effectively.
Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability and any other protected class as required by federal, state or local law.
Security & Administration, Information Technology