IT Senior Business/Application Analyst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 1/10/2020
END DATE 2/20/2020
Digital Intelligence Systems, LLC
Commerce City, CO
JOB DESCRIPTIONDigital Intelligence Systems (DISYS) has bBachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or closely related field and at least six years of experience in similar role required.
een engaged by a city government in the Denver, Colorado region, to identify an IT Senior Business /Application Analyst for a Full Time, Staff appointment that offers an exceptional work environment, employee compensation and benefits. This opportunity is also available for a Contract-to-Hire arrangement.
The IT Senior Business/Application Analyst analyzes business processes, identifies technology needs, gathers business/technical requirements and manages technical projects in order to recommend and implement IT solutions. This position will also provide primary and subject matter expertise on applications in use by assigned departments. This role will be the trusted IT partner to assigned City departments and will provide Tier 2/3 Application support to assigned departments.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Defines and documents Tier 1 support role and provides Tier 2/3 support and subject-matter expertise for enterprise and departmental software applications to end-users.
* Provides project management for assigned technical projects and develops communications strategies for stakeholders in alignment with PMI and PMBOK methods Leads the development and delivery of both technical documentation and end-user training material for assigned applications.
* Translates business requirements into technical processes and system solutions that are aligned with the IT department strategic plan and industry best practices.
* Coordinates and leads the installation, testing, maintenance, and upgrade of software according to vendor procedures and City configurations.
* Develops requirements, specifications and documentation for IT needs in collaboration with assigned department stakeholders.
* Ensures that all work is end-user focused, committed to excellence, with strong attention to detail during all phases of the project lifecycle including discovery, initiation, requirements, design, development, testing and implementation.
* Negotiates priorities and builds consensus among City departments, external customers, application end-users and IT staff.
* Develops and manages Request for Information (RFI) and Request for Proposals (RFP) for new software and hardware.
* Identifies and documents system deficiencies and recommends solutions.
* Provides end-user training on systems and processes Designs reports from various databases.
* Researches and stays current on technologies and their application to the organization.
* Validates that projects and systems are meeting the end-user's needs and requirements.
* Prepares process documentation, deliverables, and other related documents
* Participate in on-call after hours support team Document all work products and progress in the IT Service Management System.
* Ensure service level commitments are met to internal and external customers.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Extensive experience in technical analysis, Tier 2/3 application administration/support, project management, technical documentation and quality management is required.
* Experience in a similar role in local government is desired.
* Minimum of 1 certification required in any of the following areas: business analyst, project management or related technical/application.
* Experience and training in ITIL with ITIL Foundations Certification preferred.
* CJIS certified or ability to obtain certification within 30 days of employment.
* An equivalent combination of education, training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities may be considered.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
* Strong knowledge to perform data analysis and reporting.
* Strong knowledge of the principles and practices of business analysis, business process improvement, project management and ITIL.
* Strong knowledge of the city-wide and departmental business practices, processes, and challenges
* Working knowledge of business workflows within assigned departments.
* Strong knowledge of city-wide and departmental technology solutions and software.
* Strong knowledge of the terminology, principles and methods utilized within the Information Technology Department.
* Strong knowledge of systems analysis and requirements gathering.
* Working knowledge of project management methodologies and practices - PMI preferred.
* Working knowledge and advanced proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite.
* Working knowledge of Office 365 suite of products.
* Strong knowledge of application administration and Tier 2/3 support.
* Working knowledge of the current Microsoft Server and Desktop Operating Systems.
* Working knowledge of on-premise and cloud-based systems.
* Skill in troubleshooting technical issues with end-users.
* Strong knowledge of Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS) - MS SQL preferred.
* Strong skills in technical and non-technical documentation.
* Skill in identifying and clarifying problems.
* Skill in analyzing and synthesizing large volumes of data.
* Strong time management and organizational skills.
* Strong facilitation and team building skills.
* Ability to maintain a positive attitude in lieu of setbacks and difficult assignments.
* Ability to elicit technical and business requirements and obtain an in-depth understanding of target issues.
* Ability to facilitate and lead various team meetings.
* Ability to identify and recommend areas for improvement including work process and technical systems.
* Ability to facilitate change within the organization in a positive manner.
* Ability to effectively handle multiple projects, changing requirements and priorities.
* Ability to communicate difficult information respectfully and tactfully.
* Ability to communicate technical information in writing and verbally using non-technical language.
* Ability to translate high-level information into practical details and present low-level information as more general concepts.
For more insight into this key hiring initiative, please contact Nicole Foster at 925.588.7854.
Thank you for your interest.
Digital Intelligence Systems, LLC (DISYS) will consider for employment all qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, and an arrest or conviction will not automatically disqualify a qualified applicant from consideration from employment.