IT Senior Project Manager - Innovation
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2020
END DATE 9/23/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Summary
At Houston Methodist, the IT Sr. Project Manager position is responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating activities of large to enterprise scale and complexity technology projects to ensure that goals and objectives of projects are accomplished within prescribed time frame, funding parameters and requirements. Executes the project plans and activities following project management best practices ensuring quality and integrity of the information throughout the entire life cycle of the project. Interacts with stakeholders across the organization including Sr. Leadership and Executives in order to accomplish goals. Serves as a role model and mentor to more junior staff.
PATIENT AGE GROUP(S) AND POPULATION(S) SERVED
Refer to departmental "Scope of Service" and "Provision of Care" plans, as applicable, for description of primary age groups and populations served by this job for the respective HM entity.
HOUSTON METHODIST EXPERIENCE EXPECTATIONS
o Provide personalized care and service by consistently demonstrating our I CARE values:
- INTEGRITY: We are honest and ethical in all we say and do.
- COMPASSION: We embrace the whole person including emotional, ethical, physical, and spiritual needs.
- ACCOUNTABILITY: We hold ourselves accountable for all our actions.
- RESPECT: We treat every individual as a person of worth, dignity, and value.
- EXCELLENCE: We strive to be the best at what we do and a model for others to emulate.
o Focuses on patient/customer safety
o Delivers personalized service using HM Service Standards
o Provides for exceptional patient/customer experiences by following our Standards of Practice of always using Positive Language (AIDET, Managing Up, Key Words)
o Intentionally rounds with patients/customers to ensure their needs are being met
o Involves patients (customers) in shift/handoff reports by enabling their participation in their plan of care as applicable to the given job
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Job responsibilities labeled EF capture those duties that are essential functions of the job.
PEOPLE - 25%
1. Independently manages assigned projects to ensure outcomes match agreed upon customer expectations and outcomes.
2. Effectively communicates project information to stakeholders through agreed upon channels and timelines. This includes communicating with multiple levels of the organization including Senior and Executive leaders.
3. Guides and facilitates stakeholders throughout the organization in establishing detailed requirements for complex projects.
SERVICE - 20%
1. Independently plans and organizes projects. (Ef)
2. Defines scope and objectives of assigned project(s).
3. Determines time frame, funding limitations, and procedures for accomplishing project. Identify and schedule project deliverables, milestones, and required tasks.
4. Serves as a mentor to more junior project managers.
QUALITY/SAFETY - 25%
1. Establishes the project quality plan, including the application of Portfolio & Process Management Office testing standards.
2. Independently establishes the project risks and mitigation plans.
3. Adheres to standards and procedures for project initiation, planning, execution, control, monitoring, and closure defined by the Portfolio & Process Management Office.
FINANCE - 20%
1. Prepares the Authorization for Expenditure (AFE) for the project and assist IT Financial Analyst(s) with the approval process. (Ef)
2. Manages Purchase Orders (PO) and invoices throughout the project life cycle.
3. Closes all project expenditures at the end of the project.
GROWTH/INNOVATION - 10%
1. Proposes opportunities to improve the Portfolio & Process Management Office and leads improvement initiatives by planning, implementing and ensuring adoption.
2. Proactively manages own professional development and completes Individual Development Plan (IDP).
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive; the employee will also perform other reasonably related business/job duties as assigned. Houston Methodist reserves the right to revise job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
o Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, or related discipline with an information technology focus.
o Five years of successful experience in implementing large to enterprise scale and complex projects, preferably in a healthcare environment.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
o PMP and Prosci certifications preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
o Demonstrates the skills and competencies necessary to safely perform the assigned job, determined through on-going skills, competency assessments, and performance evaluations
o Sufficient proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing the English language necessary to perform the essential functions of this job, especially with regard to activities impacting patient or employee safety or security
o Ability to effectively communicate with patients, physicians, family members and co-workers in a manner consistent with a customer service focus and application of positive language principles
o Project management skills with ability to multitask and manage multiple projects in a cross-functional environment
o Ability to deliver projects using leading-edge technology
o Strong knowledge of current technologies
o Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs, with the ability to establish and maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence
o Exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Ability to effectively facilitate meetings
o Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills.
o Ability to operate under a dual reporting relationship (IT, customers)
o Solid knowledge in Microsoft Office products
Equal Employment Opportunity
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Houston Methodist (HM) is one of the nation s leading health systems and academic medical centers. HM consists of 7 hospitals: Houston Methodist Hospital, its flagship academic hospital in the heart of the Texas Medical Center and six community hospitals throughout the greater Houston metropolitan area. HM also includes a research institute, a global business division, numerous physician practices and several free standing emergency rooms and outpatient facilities. Overall, HM employs over 20,000 employees. FORBES magazine has placed Houston Methodist on its annual list of Best Employers in 2016. Houston Methodist is supported by a wide variety of business functions that operate at the system level to help enable clinical departments to provide the best patient care and service in a spiritual environment. APPLY.