IT Specialist 5/2/2020
Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Telesis Corporation is seeking an IT Specialist, Journeyman to support the Product Manager Radars at Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD. The successful candidate will be responsible for installing or upgrading components, setting up software, assisting with network administration, resolving all IT support issues, an in-depth knowledge of various computer hardware and software technologies, and an aptitude for customer service.
IT Specialist Responsibilities:
* Installing new software and hardware components.
* Regularly evaluating our IT systems to ensure they meet the necessary demands.
* Assisting with network administration tasks.
* Ensuring data storage is safe and secure.
* Educating coworkers about network security and best practices for computer usage.
* Supporting the day-to-day operations of our computer network.
* Resolving all issues coworkers have with their IT systems and software. They can be hardware issues related to desktops, Servers, computer peripherals, such as printers, scanners, hard drives, monitors, etc., or software assistance concerning installation and updating of software.
* Monitor all the IT-related issues in the organization.
* Plan for the replacement of and purchase of hardware and new software
IT Specialist Requirements:
* Bachelor's Degree in computer science or related field is preferred. A high school diploma and at least 7 years of related experience can be substituted in lieu if a degree
* CompTIA Security+ certification is required. Other certifications such as MCSE, Windows 10, SharePoint or program certifications such Cisco, and Microsoft are desired
* Strong analytical, diagnostic, and problem-solving skills.
* Good communication ability, both written and verbal.
Telesis maintains a policy of non-discrimination for all employees and applicants in every facet of the company s operations. In compliance with federal and state laws, Telesis hires, trains, and promotes all qualified employees without unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, marital status, disability, and any other legally protected status