IT Systems Administrator 5/5/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Woolpert, Inc. is a cutting-edge national architecture, engineering and geospatial (AEG) firm that delivers value to clients by blending engineering excellence with innovative technology and geospatial applications. Woolpert continues to be certified as an Employer of Choice by Great Place To Work(R). We believe great companies are built from exceptional people and amazing clients. As we grow, we are seeking a IT Systems Administrator in Dayton or Cincinnati, Ohio.
* Understands Microsoft server environment, including configuration, maintenance, and support in a virtual environment (i.e. VMWare)
* Understands server level User/Group settings and folder permissions
* Implements and utilizes Woolpert Best Practices for projects and processes
* Understands hardware design and operating systems i.e. creating VM with the correct requirements according to specific software
* Understands IIS Functionality including websites, applications, virtual directories, certificates, bindings and application pools
* Foundational understanding of enterprise infrastructure, including routers, switches, firewall, DMZs, etc.
* Understands SQL, can backup and restore databases, can install SQL on new VM according to software specifications
* Can ensure mobile / tablet connectivity - setup of a local router that will allow the VM to talk to the mobile device both iOS and Android
* Other duties as assigned
* BA/BS degree in a related field with four (4) years related experience or have eight (8) years related experience
* Experience creating and maintaining Azure Virtual Desktop (WVD) environments
* Ability to work in a team environment with associates both on-site and remote
* Perform tasks and solve problems with a high degree of independence
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills in a dynamic environment
* Professional experience working with Microsoft Azure environment and creating and supporting virtual devices Microsoft O365 (M365) environment is highly desired
* Knowledge of Cityworks installation is preferred
* ITIL certified is preferred
* Strong organizational, time management, attention to detail and analytical skills
* Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment; offer constructive feedback and direction to support goals
* Ability to work with a cross functional team
* Self-starter capable of working in a fast paced, customer order driven environment, expected to meet timelines with little input from management
Woolpert is committed to a vision to become the premier architecture, engineering and geospatial (AEG) firm, and one of the best companies in the country. It's a vision we've been fine-tuning for decades. It guides our decisions and investments, provides our clients with optimal solutions and offers our employees unrivaled opportunities. Woolpert is recognized as a Great Place to Work by its employees and is America's fastest-growing AEG firm. With more than a century of experience, close to 1,000 employees and 30 offices, Woolpert supports public, private, federal, and U.S. military clients nationally and around the globe. For more information, visit woolpert.com and connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.
Presenting Opportunities and Challenges at Every Turn...
As a firm that recognizes the importance of developing top talent from within, our employees have access to a wide range of training and coaching programs and are rewarded for their achievements through our excellent benefits package and competitive salaries.
Our vision: http://woolpert.com/about-us/
Learn more about our "Great Place To Work" certification: http://reviews.greatplacetowork.com/woolpert-inc
Woolpert provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)