This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2020
END DATE 9/18/2020
Brookdale Senior Living
Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of our associates, so you ll receive competitive compensation and a benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile. The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you ll earn more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health, financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
BROOKDALE IS A GREAT PLACE TO FURTHER YOUR CAREER. WE HAVE A CULTURE OF CARING. ALL LEADERSHIP TEAM MEMBERS, AND ASSOCIATES PARTNER TOGETHER TO MAKE SURE EACH RESIDENT FEELS LIKE THEY RE FAMILY.
Perks Available to Our Associates
We believe that in order to best serve our residents and patients, we need to first serve our associates. One way we do that is through our benefits. Whether it s with a 401(k) or an insurance health plan, we want to make sure you feel appreciated, and that your work is valued.
FULL-TIME AND PART-TIME ASSOCIATES ENJOY: * 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with matching contribution Brookdale will make a matching contribution equal to 25% of your elective deferrals each Plan year quarter. Brookdale will not match your elective deferrals in excess of 4% of your Compensation each Plan Year quarter.
* Benefit plan package
* Employee Stock Purchase Program Be able to purchase Brookdale stock at a discounted rate through payroll deduction.
* Pre-tax Commuter Benefit Save pre-tax money to pay for parking and transportation costs getting to and from work.
* Associate Compassion Fund Nonprofit fund for associates, funded by associates.
* Associate Discounts Including: Senior Living & Personalized Living, AT&T, Perks at Work, Dignity Memorial, FedEx, Ford, GE, Hotelogical, Nestle, Staples, Ticket Monster Perks, Verizon.
FULL TIME ASSOCIATES ALSO ENJOY ADDITIONAL BENEFITS: * Extensive Insurance Plans Including medical, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, and more.
* Paid Time Off
* Adoption Benefit Get reimbursed for certain expenses related to the adoption of a child.
* Tuition Reimbursement Get reimbursed for eligible expenses for qualifying undergraduate studies tuition as well as for prep courses for licensures, certifications and CEUs.
TEXT 512-529-0950 FOR MORE INFORMATION
Under close supervision, is responsible for the upkeep and cleanliness of all public areas in the community, including lobbies, halls, stairwells, activities rooms, dining rooms, elevators, etc. to present the community in a positive and impressive manner for residents and guests. Interacts with residents and guests in a friendly and courteous manner, providing assistance and directions, as requested. * Cleans public area floors to include sweeping, dusting, damp/wet mopping, stripping, waxing, buffing, disinfecting, etc. Properly sets up appropriate caution and safety signs to ensure safety of residents and visitors; removes signs as appropriate. Cleans carpets including vacuuming, shampooing, deodorizing, and disinfecting.
* Removes dirt, dust, grease, film, etc., from surfaces using proper cleaning/disinfecting solutions. Handles hazardous cleaning supplies according to proper procedures and ensures accurate labeling.
* Cleans public restrooms including washing, sanitizing, and/or polishing bathroom fixtures. Ensures water marks are removed from fixtures.
* Logs cleaning activities as required by procedures.
* Maintains a clean and orderly work area.
* Monitors cleaning supplies and reports inventory to supervisor.
* Reports any equipment irregularities to supervisor.
* Strives to maintain a safe working environment through the prevention of accidents, the preservation of equipment, and the achievement of safe working practices.
* Responds appropriately to resident emergencies by calling or contacting appropriate internal and external parties, according to established protocol. May also assist with disaster management efforts and activities during evacuations (i.e. fires, hurricanes, etc.).
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or General Education Diploma (GED). Prior experience in cleaning or housekeeping preferred.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, AND OTHER SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
Makes standard and routine decisions based on detailed guidelines with little independent judgment. Problems are generally solved with clear, detailed guidelines or by reporting them to a supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Has a basic level of a skill and can follow written or verbal instructions. Has basic technical skills to complete a few repetitive and well-defined duties. Has a basic knowledge of the organization in order to answer basic questions. Ability to respect the privacy of residents and to refrain from discussing their personnel situations and problems with other residents, particularly as it may relate to their health. Must be willing to communicate with residents of various levels of functioning and various types of personalities. Ability to complete cleaning tasks in a timely, effective and efficient manner.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS * Standing
* Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
* Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage.
* Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
* Reach with hands and arms
* Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
* Climb or balance
* Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
* Talk or hear
* Exposure to latex
* Ability to lift: Up to 50 pounds
* Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
* Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or biological hazards
* Subject to injury from falls, burns, odors, or cuts from equipment
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.