This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 1/11/2020
END DATE 3/7/2020
Related companies of California LLC
Your role within the company:
The porter is responsible for the general upkeep and grounds keeping of the 65 unit community. Under the direction of the Maintenance Supervisor, the porter is responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of the lobby, hallways, elevators, common areas, and restrooms in full compliance with all company policies and procedures, Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity regulations.
- Cleans and maintains front lobby, hallways, restrooms, elevators, stairways, common areas and parking areas including washing, dusting, polishing, etc.
- Maintains common area floors including, wash and wax hard surface flooring, vacuuming carpets and rugs, washing carpets and rugs, cleaning tile grout, etc.
- Maintains common area walls, windows, and doors including, wash and clean, and washing windows
- Maintains common area lighting which involves changing light bulbs when lights are out
- Responsible for maintaining the appropriate level of sanitary and cleaning supplies for assigned areas
- Empty all trash receptacles and transport trash to the disposal area
- Assist in inventory control of all janitorial equipment and supplies
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Maintain a professional appearance in uniform and display a good attitude at all times
- 90% of job will be dedicated to Cleaning duties and 10% dedicated to light maintenance duties
- Building maintenance environment, indoor/outdoor, consisting of exposure to moving mechanical parts and seasonal temperature changes ranging from freezing to extreme heat
- May be exposed to high places, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock, and loud noises
- Vision requirements include both close range and long distance vision
- Ability to lift 50+ lbs
- Must be able to climb ladders and crawl into confined spaces
- Must be able to endure walking, squatting, bending, balancing, climbing, kneeling, crawling and prolonged standing
- Must be able to use hands to grip power and hand tools
Benefits and Features:
- Incentive bonus program
- Training and development programs
- Benefits including: Medical, Dental, Life & Disability, Paid Time Off, 401(K), Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Recognition & Wellness Programs
- 1-2 years plus verifiable Janitor, Cleaner, or Porter experience
- Hands on experience with a majority of the above duties
- Must be reliable and have experience working with cleaning chemicals
- Must be a team player and be able to work with little supervision
- Polite with experience working in a customer service environment
- Must have excellent time management skills and work ethic to get daily job tasks done on time each day
- Must have reliable transportation
- Light Maintenance knowledge is a plus
- Snow removal and landscaping
Related is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Related Affordable is the division of Related Companies that develops, acquires and preserves affordable housing throughout the nation. Affordable housing laid the foundation of Related Companies, and its broad portfolio of award-winning affordable and mixed-income developments, demonstrate the Company s continuing ability to create affordable housing opportunities in a variety of geographically, economically and socially diverse neighborhoods. Related owns and operates a portfolio of more than 60,000 affordable and workforce housing units.