Janitorial/Facility Maintenance Associate
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/11/2020
END DATE 9/17/2020
Jacobs has an opening for Janitorial/Custodial/Facility Maintenance person for the Spent Fuel Handling Project near the Naval Reactors Facility at Idaho National Lab. The responsibilities include performing a full range of cleaning duties, individually or as part of a group, on a daily basis for the purpose of maintaining a tenable and acceptable housekeeping standard. Duties include performing daily cleaning of Craft/Office restrooms, lunch areas (craft and office), high-contact areas for disinfecting per CDC (Covid) guidelines. You ll be performing a full range of cleaning duties, individually or as part of a group, on a daily basis for the purpose of maintaining acceptable housekeeping. You will resupply paper products in break areas, restrooms and lunch trailers and you will be responsible for notification (requisition) to Jacobs purchasing agents for reordering/stock of needed supplies. This position performs a variety of duties as needed to maintain a clean, operational attractive environment. Services both interior and exterior environments. Vacuums, sweeps, mops, strips, waxes, and buffs floors, removes scuff marks, heavy dirt, scratches, etc. in order to maintain clean and attractive facilities; arranges furniture for special meetings and functions; secures building by inspecting doors, windows, exits, etc. Empties and cleans waste receptacles; cleans and sanitizes restroom sinks, bowls and showers, washes windows; replaces light bulbs and fixture covers. Dusts, waxes washes and polishes furniture and woodwork throughout building complexes including such items as chairs, tables, desks, banisters, etc. Operates small motorized equipment as needed to maintain walks, removes snow during winter from stairs, walks etc. Performs other duties as assigned. If you re up for the challenge, we ve been looking for someone just like you. Join our team and help us lay the foundation for human progress.
* High School diploma or equivalent GED.
* Sole USA citizenship is required. No dual citizens may be accepted due to project security
* Must possess a valid Idaho driver's license
* Must be able to operate floor-care machines and other custodial equipment properly, safely, and efficiently
* Ability to operate buffers, floor machines, steam cleaners, power washers, and other equipment
* Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
* Ability to develop effective working relationship with supervisor, fellow employees
* Ability to perform work independently.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS * Experience with DOE interface and regulatory responsibilities
* Person already residing a commutable distance from the Naval Reactors Facility at Idaho National Lab.
* One (1) year experience in a custodial related field
* Working knowledge of practices, tools, equipment, and materials used in custodial work; safety practices of custodial work and use of cleaning agents and equipment; organizing and overseeing preventative maintenance